Basic Questions on Seeburg 3wa and wb2mp3

Welcome Forums General discussions Basic Questions on Seeburg 3wa and wb2mp3

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bobwiley 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

scudie
    Participant

Hi Bobwiley

Had a thought earlier if you wanted to rule out the credit unit you could disconnect the plug from the socket and put a jumper wire from the ground connection to the fourth hole on the lower row.

The ground terminal is bigger than the others.

Cheers Scudie

bobwiley
    Participant

Oh, that is great! What a fantastic idea! That’ll be awhile before I can wire one up, but its officially on the to do list! Hoping this weekend I can tackle it uninterrupted.

scudie
    Participant

Good Morning Bob

It occurred to me yesterday that if you are having difficulties with access to the credit cancel and carryover switches, if you can determine the colour of each wire that connects to  u, v, & w contacts of a switch, the wire connections being easier to gain access to, using your meter in continuity mode (audible signal) you should be able to determine whether a pair of contacts are open or closed.

Obviosly you can’t measure gaps this way,  but with the power off,  if you follow the checks in the manual, test to see if you have continuity ( or not ) through any pair of contacts in standby , credit , and cycle modes by manually advancing the mechanism.

Cheers Scudie

bobwiley
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give that a go before i botch everything up by dissambling it!

bobwiley
    Participant

Okay, finally got some time to work on it again.

The credit unit jumper works, it works just like when I have the credit unit attached.

I’m overlooking something. I’m pretty darn sure I have the contacts cleaned on the credit cancel switch and they are in the correct when in the credit position.

This is the only thing I can think of. Can the back of the leaf “backers” touch another leaf? Because 2 of them are.

I’ll make a video to show what I have going on in a bit.

bobwiley
    Participant

scudie
    Participant

Hi Bobwiley

Well I guess it proves that if  the 3wa behaves the same way with the credit unit detached and the jumper wire in place,  then it can’t be any thing on the credit unit that is causing the problem.

You say you are sure that the credit cancel switch contacts are clean and have the correct settings when in the credit position, have you checked them while in the run position or standby positions?

Cheers Scudie

bobwiley
    Participant

https://youtu.be/juoIzKKrkvY

Here’s a link to the video if it helps. I’m going to be ordering one of those dentists mirrors to check it while cycling.

I must be missing something dumb and obvious. It just seems like it if the credit cancel switches are in the same position, minus different gap  distances, when in stand by vs. Credit positions and the carryover swithes are apen in the credit position, but if if i manually put the carryover switches in the standby position (with V being closed) it will work. Shouldn’t the wallbox cycle in the credit position once both the motor starting switches are closed, not if V is closed?

scudie
    Participant

Hello Bobwiley

Have you checked to ensure that your wiper arm is set in the correct position when the 3wa is in the credit position? The procedure for this is explained in the manual.

With the power off  you  should be able to advance the the mechanism through a complete revolution by manually turning one of the gearbox gears.

Then at the appropriate positions check the status of both the carryover and the credit cancel switch’s

I will get my 3wa out later and see if I can answer your last question.

Cheers Scudie

bobwiley
    Participant

Yeah, i have the wiper arm in the correct position. I used a voltmeter at the motor starting switches itself to make sure they are closed, so next I’ll be tracing the wires and checking further down the line. This just seems odd, because i dont think the credit cancel switch bank is wrong.

bobwiley
    Participant

Okay, I think its something with the credit cancel switch bank i think. I was jumping leafs and got it to trigger like its supposed to, but I blew the fuse by accident before I could narrow down the issue. The 3 amp mini screw in fuse in not available anywhere locally, so I just rigged up my own temporary fuse. Fingers crossed I can get this figured out tonight.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.