FLAC support

Home Forums Suggestions FLAC support

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      RichDon
      Participant

Free Lossless Audio Codec support would expand the market to those who want a higher fidelity and resolution experience. I am using a 32gb SD card without problems so the memory space is there (The hardware may support even more, I have not tried it). More memory support with playlist support could really open up the possibilities.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Don’t expect sound quality from an amp that is as big as a stamp.

If you want to enjoy FLAC, better use a real hi-fi amp. My two cents 😉

RichDon
      Participant

I have good news. If you measure the resistances between the 3.5mm jack and the speaker outputs you will find only very high resistance values. This indicates that the 3.5mm jack is before the output of the internal amplifier. Granted anyone using the internal speaker outputs to drive stock wallbox speakers is not going to benefit from a FLAC file. I use the 3.5mm jack to drive a moderate quality media system with a sub-woofer and I get reasonable quality. No, not the ultimate in HiFi, but much more enjoyable than using the internal amp driving low cost speakers. I think the marketing approach to the newer firmware and hardware should be to expand the market to higher quality and to support more interfaces besides wallboxes. Don’t get me wrong, I love my 5250 and I use it quite often but more support of different interfaces could increase the sales of newer versions of this product and that would be beneficial to the sellers and buyers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.