jack output

Home Forums General discussions jack output

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gaelle
      Keymaster

Hello

We have a feedback from a customer, I would like to have other feedback to see if it’s his wallbox2mp3 V1.5 defective or if there is something to improve.

Currently he is only using the audio output from the unamplified mini plug of the v1.5.

It appears that the volume/signal level from that plug is much lower than the typical line level output from, for example, an iPhone or other MP3 player.

This has resulted not being able to obtain reasonable volume levels from most of his self-powered speakers, even at their max volume levels.

More problematic, he is trying to use a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver from the wallbox2mp3’s line out but the level of output from the mini plug does not seem strong enough for a meaningful signal out of the Bluetooth receiver (into my Sonos system).

The Bluetooth transmitter/receiver works fine when using other sources such as my iPhone output.

Did you have this kind of trouble ?

Scudie
      Participant

Good afternoon Gaëlle

Ok so I connected a Bluetooth transmitter to the audio jack on a V1.5  & turned on the power, I immediately noticed a humming noise through the Bluetooth speaker that varied in volume as the volume control was adjusted.

I selected a song on the wallbox and it played the song with plenty of volume, but there was a lot of background hum from the Bluetooth speaker with or  without any song playing .

When I plug earphones into the audio jack there is no noticeable humming.

I think that the audio jack socket is not correctly soldered to the board as there is movement.

Cheers Scudie

stephenhooker
      Participant

Hi ,

I got my new Wallbox2MP3 yesterday and have set it all up – it works perfectly apart from the volume . I have tried the jack with earphones and if I turn the dial to max I get a good sound ( no interference ) but low volume . I have tried the speaker connections and get even lower volume ( I can just hear it ) BUT , the speakers I am using are not very good and I plan to get some better ones to try

I checked the MP3 files and they were recorded at 100% volume . Any ideas ??

stephenhooker
      Participant

By the way , I’ve tried switching to the remote volume – no difference and switching the amplifier class – still no difference ……

gaelle
      Keymaster

hello stephen,

we are actually working to improve the jack, what we have found is that the jack works better if the equipment is not fully plugged in

can you try and tell me ?

stephenhooker
      Participant

Hi Gaelle ,

I have just tried – I only get either a loud humming noise ( interference ) or I lose one speaker – it makes no difference to the sound volume .

I have found a pair of powered speakers now and they work ,  but the signal they are getting is obviously low volume as the sound they normally put out is much louder . I have still NOT yet tried the amplified terminals – maybe they will be OK ? I will let you know .

Thanks for your help so far .

stephenhooker
      Participant

I tried the amplified terminals and all is good with these. Sound is MUCH louder than from the 3.5mm jack . There is a bit of humming when the music isn’t playing , but , I haven’t tidied up the wiring yet so I am sure that the humming will disappear . Delighted with the whole thing !!

gaelle
      Keymaster

don’t hesitate to tell us, any feedback can help us to improve our product

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.