LCD Display

Home Forums Suggestions LCD Display

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Klaatu
      Keymaster

Hi,

as it seems you are working on a new PCB, will you consider using a LCD Display ?

That could be used for wallbox with a windows display like on Seeburg SC, 3WA, 3W1… That could show which song is played, Number (A1, K10…) or using data from mp3 files which could show Song title & Band/Singer.
      Maybe as an option.

Also, every card I got, it is always missing the nut for the external speaker volume control. Am I unlucky ? Would be great to offer it.

Scudie
      Participant

Good evening  Klaatu.

Perhaps they could offer the lcd screen as an optional extra, rather than it being required  & coming in the kit ?

I guess you must have been unlucky because as far as I can remember the ones I have purchased have always had a nut on the remote volume potentiometer.

Talking of the volume pot maybe a longer cable on it wouldn’t be a bad idea?

Anonymous
      Inactive

hello,
      I think you were unlucky Klaatu
      I will check the contents of the boxes of wb2mp3, we may have forgotten the nut in our bags, tell me how much you send to repair that 🙂

about the LCD is a very good suggestion that can not be considered in the next version but the reflection is relatively similar since we are considering a version in bluetooth that would allow you to control your selection from a phone with a dedicated application

Scudie
      Participant

Bonsoir Gaëlle

The idea of being to control a selection with a phone a bit like a remote control, I guess being able to adjust volume would be a useful feature & maybe being able to have the current playing track details could be cool.

But personally I think the making of selections should be made by physically pressing  the buttons on the  wallbox, as that is what they were built for.

If I want to play music using the phone there are already plenty of ways to do this.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

considering a version in bluetooth that would allow you to control your selection from a phone with a dedicated application

Why not, but personally I don’t think it’s a priority. I won’t control anything with a phone. And like Scudie said, if I want to listen to the wallbox, I want to play with it : press button, turn volume knob…
      If I want to use an app, I won’t bother with the Wallbox and use something else.

Did you had a look at what other companies are offering for wallbox ?

Scudie
      Participant

For what it’s worth in my humble opinion, I think that all that is required of this forthcoming new version of the wb2mp3, is for it to perform without the faults that the existing unit obviously has.

I have had  a cd adapter IPod wallbox unit for several years & also the wb2mp3 emulator.

The wb2mp3 emulator does  have a couple of advantages over the iPod system ie a built in amp & the option of a remote volume pot.

But  the IPod system always plays the selected tracks in the order they were selected without any errors, even when multiple tracks are selected in quick succession.

If configured for random selections It will play a random track after the desired amount of time, it does this without without causing issues with tracks that have been manually selected.

I currently do not use the random selection option on the wb2mp3 as it appears to have adverse affects on the functionality of the unit.

The IPod system plays the selected music with no audio noise / back ground buzzing at any desired volume.

When the cancel button is pressed it will only ever cancell the currently playing track, I have had several wb2mp3 units that cancell all selected tracks with one press of the cancell button.

If this new wb2mp3 unit was to perform equal to the standards set by the iPod unit I would be very happy.

In fact in my opinion if the current wb2mp3 unit had performed reliably to the same standards as the IPod system there would not have been any need to develope a

“New Version”& absolutely see no need to complicate things with Bluetooth or phone apps.

I would much rather that they spent there time getting  the fundamentals of the unit 100% correct.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Culprit is really the amp.

And maybe the power transformer, did you try anything else ?
      Those type of power are to avoid in hi-fi product and same here I guess.

I’ll try another power solution when time allow me, to see if it affects sounds…

I agree wb2mp3 would be better than wipod/cdadapter if it was working without noise and other trouble.

The new Walljuke seems to be a great product.

If you could get all the best from these product you’ll have the perfect adapter. Don’t loose time with app from smartphone.

My question is when are you planning to release new card ? and what will you offer to people than own older version with problem ?
      Any beta tester for new product ?

@gaelle
      : I’m missing 3 nuts.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Klaatu.
      Scudie
      Participant

Hi Klaatu

If you would like to read about the wb2mp3  I could email you some infomation

email address?

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Email sent 😉

Sooner
      Participant

I like to keep my boxes as original as possible so no need for and LCD or remote. I would like to see a built-in Bluetooth transmitter though. Mine sounds great through my home stereo though BT.  I have a small battery operated unit but would be nice to have something powered by the emulator’s power supply.

Anonymous
      Inactive

hello,
      it’s really interesting to see your reactions to the idea of bluetooth !
      our thinking was really in the idea of not changing the structure of the wallbox, perhaps it will be an option

actually, a new amp will be put on the new wallbox2mp3 and other technical changes to solve the problem of which we are well aware.
      of course, we will obviously make a commercial gesture for our customers who already have a wallbox2mp3
      I can work on design or other improvements but I am not competent on the technical part so there are 2 axes of improvements that are done in parallel
      exclusively, here is the new cover of the wallbox2mp3

Klaatu
      Keymaster

J’ai comme une impression de déjà vu… Il y a eu ce design sur une version bois gravé.

Ce sera de l’impression numérique sur plastique, un autocollant ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

c’est effectivement dans le même esprit, c’est de l’impression numérique sur plastique

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Big problem with Bluetooth is you’ll always have to pair/match them every time you disconnect it.

Best to leave it as an option, there is plenty available everywhere from cheap to expensive.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Klaatu.
      Scudie
      Participant

I guess the picture of the cover looks pretty, but as most of us fit the wb2mp3  inside a wallbox or inside of a separate speaker box no one will ever see it !

So what is the point?

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Don’t be so negative 😉

It’s attractive, people will understand quicker what is it. More striking than a plexi with just the name.

And it’s the new card, so a new design !

My wife love it !

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Klaatu

I am not saying that I don’t like, as I said it’s pretty.

I hope the new unit works as well as that looks!

Cheers Scudie

Anonymous
      Inactive

an idea would be to put two modules, an internal and an external (which could eventually have an LCD screen, possibly with magnets to be set outside, there are several reflections in progress).
      we make new cover on the other products we sell and we wanted to put a different touch on the wallbox2mp3.
      as I said before, I’m not competent on the technical part so fabien deals alone with all of our products (production, troubleshooting, improvement, etc …) so it takes more time but things advance
      we understand your discontent but just ask you a little patience

thank you to your wife Klaatu 🙂

Sooner
      Participant

Klaatu – Yes a big problem with BT is having to pair it. Would be nice if a remote button could be included similar to the reject button. The other problem is of course that most small ones are battery powered.

As for the cover it looks great but I’ve removed mine in every application so far.

Scudie
      Participant

A few friends of mine have audio systems in there homes such as Sonos , Panasonic which I am told link the base unit to the satellite speakers using wifi?

Could this be an option for the forthcoming model?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.