[SOLVED] Help : songs only play a few seconds

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation [SOLVED] Help : songs only play a few seconds

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ccarlisle
      Participant

Just recently did an install on a seeburg sc1. It worked great for a day then started a glitch in the middle of play. It likes to randomly stop all sound output.  The only way it will work again is to shut it off and restart, but will usually do it again within the first couple songs

Scudie
      Participant

Hi

That’s not something I have had, so I do not have an easy answer,

When  the music stops is there any background noise? Any error codes flashing on the board?

Is there any pattern to it  cutting out like  when certain tracks are played but not others?

When the music goes off what happens if anything if you press the reject button? Assuming multiple tracks were selected.

Have you tried ejecting and reinserting the sd while its power is off?

Cheers Scudie

Ccarlisle
      Participant

I haven’t noticed any pattern with it, I don’t get any error codes. When it stops playing I do notice the red light is still on like it’s still playing the song and it will go out if I hit the reject button but it never comes back on till I reset power.  It doesn’t matter what track is selected or if it’s just on random play. I have taken the SD card out and also unhooked my auxiliary extension and remote volume to see if it would cause any changes but it hasn’t

Sooner
      Participant

Mine has done that a couple of times. Once when I inserted my Bluetooth transmitter in the AUX jack while it was playing. The other when I touched the volume knob and discharged some static electricity. I’ve also noticed even a small static discharge will cause it to pause momentarily.

Scudie
      Participant

I think if it were me I would be tempted to do another Sd Card with the same selections but without any random choice stuff, and try that, for what it takes.

If the problem is still evident you can rule out your first sd card.

Cheers Scudie

Ccarlisle
      Participant

It has gotten worse, won’t play but for only a couple seconds.  Going to do a new sd card but it won’t be till next week do to being out of town for a bit, but will update after I give it a try

Ccarlisle
      Participant

Update,  I used a new sd card today. I took out the random play and so far it’s working great. I’m going to try it out for another week then put the random play back in to see if it acts up again. But I want to thank everyone for your help and insight

Scudie
      Participant

Glad to hear that so far it seems that you might have sorted the problem.

It will be interesting to see if buy reintroducing the random selection has any negative effects. Maybe worth formatting the first SD card and putting the non random selection on that to see how that behaves.

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.