More than one wallbox connected to the Wallbox2mp3

Home Forums General discussions More than one wallbox connected to the Wallbox2mp3

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ged
      Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to connect more than one wallbox (in my case Seeburg 3wa 200 and 3w1) to the same Wallbox2mp3 unit?
      It would have to same first 100 songs on each.
      Thanks

Scudie
      Participant

If I remember correctly the pages on the 3wa are listed differently to the 3w1, if I am correct I think this would cause a problem. I can’t see why you could not have two wallbox’s connected if they were the same.

Cheers Scudie

Ged
      Participant

Thanks, it just was that I was going to use the wallboxes as they where originally used 0ne box on each table.
      I was afraid that box 1’s chosen songs would get mixed up with that of box 2.

Sooner
      Participant

As Scudie says, it looks like the title strips print out in a different order for the two boxes but the letter/number selections look to be the same for the first 100 songs. Assuming the codes for any given selection are the same (I know the SC boxes are different than the 3W1s) it should work, but you’ll probably want to sort the playlists differently if you want the title strips to looks the same for the 100 songs in common.

Try it out and let us know.

Scudie
      Participant

I guess if the way that the  title strips are numbered were changed on the 3w1 to match the 3wa, then in theory as long as two people did not try to make a selection simultaneity, it should work.

Cheers Scudie

Sooner
      Participant

The pulse codes must be the same for the two boxes. I know the SCs are different than the 3W1s so those two boxes wouldn’t work together.  I think the SCs were the first models that had different codes but not sure about that.

Scudie
      Participant

Yes apparently  Seeburg got a lot of bad press over this, the phono was designed. In such a way that it would not be compatible with older Seeburg & other manufacturers wallbox’s.

The letter pulses are sent to the stepper in the opposite order on a SC1 starting at V through to A on a 3w1 it pulses A through to K

I am told that they received so much stick about this that after a while they developed a conversion unit, so that older model wallbox’s could then be used with the new phono’s.

Cheers Scudie

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Scudie.
      • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Scudie.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.