New Install

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation New Install

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MrMiller
      Participant

Everything is working, stalking this forum has answered every question excepting one.

Now that all is installed the remote volume knob is fading left and right, main volume knob is controlling volume.

Seems weird so I thought i’d ask here in case anyone else has the same issue they can follow the thread to a solution.

The box i’m installing this one in was a pain, volume control was so gunked up I just cut it out of the loop. I have a few others in mint condition inside and out i’m fixing up but I figured i’d start with the worst one first to gain experience on these.

Scudie
      Participant

Evening MrMiller

If I remember correctly both Sooner and Klaatu have commented that by adjusting the two volume controls that they have been able to alter the sound quality.

As far as I was aware both the onboard volume pot & the remote one are both just volume controls and the board is switched between the two by moving the position of the onboard switch.

The fact that the remote pot should fade your left /right speakers is weird & not something I have experienced.

I do know that Sooner had a couple of wb2mp3 emulators with failed amps & that he was able to effect a repair by adding a separate amp to the audio side of the board.

Maybe one of them might have something to add to this.

Cheers Scudie

Sooner
      Participant

I’ve only used the remote for one of mine and as long as I get the switch in the correct location it works the same as the one mounted on the board.

I notice on both that the high frequencies are cut significantly when volume is below about 75% with either control. It’s more noticeable with headphones or using my home stereo via Bluetooth.  On  my Seeburg SC1 boxes I use the buttons to control volume and I keep the volume on the emulator high. That prevents the highs from being cut and also makes the parasitic buzz in the left channel unnoticeable.

Scudie – Are you still going to try the amp replacement on one of yours to see if it solved your left channel buzz?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Sooner.
      Scudie
      Participant

Good morning Sooner

Yes I have the amps,  and a board hopefully will get time to have a go at giving it a try this year!

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.