Not playing first 20 selection Rock-ola 1544

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Not playing first 20 selection Rock-ola 1544

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ronniez65
      Participant

I have a problem.
      Wallbox2mp3 is not playing the first 20 selection (first 2 pages) of a 1544 Rock-ola Wallbox.

Please Solution.

Thanks

ronniez65
      Participant

Even worse, it’s shifted 20 positions.
      So 1 on sd is 21 on wallbox and for example 64 on sd is 84 on wallbox.

Software issue? This is not mention on the website, otherwise I wouldn’t bought it.

ronniez65
      Participant

One way or onother, made a new disk with same selections, now it’s playing all the selections the right way.
      Strange.

Name of the config file was the same.

Case closed.

Scudie
      Participant

Hello I have similar issues with a Wurlitzer 5250 nothing happens for the last 30 selections T U & V selections 1- 10 , however when I checked the playlist against the wallbox I found that when A1 is selected it actually plays D1 so by the time it gets to S9 there are no more tracks left for T,U & V. Tried a different SD card this made no difference, tried it again but picked Wurlitzer 5210 this has made no difference will try it on a different wallbox this weekend.
      Any suggestions?

Ozzy
      Participant

Another one, same issue.

Hi, I’m looking for a solution for my Seeburg 3WA.
      It makes wrong selection, shifting by 1 letter and number.

A5 plays B6
      L8 plays M9
      etc.

I’m thinking about current frequency. My wallbox ask for 60Hz and here i have 50Hz.
      Maybe.
      Or Maybe not.

I tried a lot of solution but i cannot solve it yet.

Scudie
      Participant

Just read your post I am away at the moment, but when I get back I will try my 3w1 on the system and see what occurs.
      Have not previously tried it with the wallbox2mp3 system.
      Cheers Scudie

fabienw
      Keymaster

Hello everyone and sorry for the huge delay of my response, it’s certainly too late but the case is interesting and could concern much peoples.

Concerning the difference between 50 and 60Hz ( basically US an European Alternative Current (AC) power supply ) ,  it just generates a signal 20% faster in US (60Hz) ,but the system has been designed to manage that so this isn’t a problem.

Wallboxes all send basically a 24VAC telegraphic signal.They actually send some 24VAC pulses

this signal is just different depending on the brand and model of your remote. for example some are sending pulses concerning letter and then a short blank time,then number pulses, some other are sending first informations concerning numbers , etc…

the signal is generated mechanically by a Contact disc and the connectors of the keyboard’s buttons.

The wallbox2mp3 system receives this signal,cleans it,converts it into a simple binary code,compare this binary code with informations contained in its database according to the brand and model and then play the selection.

But if the keyboard or the disc are defective,then the signal sent won’t be the right one and obviously the WB2mp3 won’t be able to understand it. If the wallbox only sends minor parasites,the system has been designed to filtrate them and it shouldn’t be a trouble.

But the first thing to do would be to try to clean the contact disc using for example a rubber,then to clean all connectors located behind the keyboard’s buttons , this should fix most of such troubles.

If it doesn’t,I’m obviously still here to help 😉

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.