Packard Pla-Mor

Home Forums Your work Packard Pla-Mor

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy
      Participant

I finished my Packard Pla-Mor today after I received the WB2MP3 V1.5 Packard emulator in the mail.  I have the emulator and the 5v power supply inside one of the speaker boxes with the remote volume and reject button mounted on the back of the speaker.  The speakers are 1928 Peerless Reproducers.  They were initially manufactured for late 1920s vacuum tube radios and the Ohms are up around 2000.  I installed small $20 audio transformers in each one in reverse to step them down to 8 Ohms to get decent volume levels.  I followed the emulator installation instructions on the Retroelctronik web page and had no problems with incorrect song selection.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG_rxAfkuQM

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by gaelle.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Klaatu.
      Scudie
      Participant

Hi Randy

Another super installation  with Rat Pack king of cool Dino!

They sure are some big old speakers happy listening 👍

gaelle
      Keymaster

hi Randy,

fantastic installation ! 🙂

Scudie
      Participant

Interested to see what you have planned for your Solotone adapter & how it works out.

I am currently working my way  through  cleaning checking lubricating and converting another Seeburg Sc1

Haven’t done one since last year as other projects take  priority when the weather is nice and the day light hours are greater.

This one is going to have a Two Tone / New Wave theme to it.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Love the 2-Tone era

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Klaatu

Havent got anything to show you at present, as I am still working on the SC1

(or I will be when I return home)

When I have something to photograph other than a disassembled SC1  I will post them with pleasure.

Currently working on catching some rays.

Cheers Scudie.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.