Parasites dans la sortie Gauche

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Parasites dans la sortie Gauche

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Klaatu
      Keymaster

Bonjour,

je formule mon problème en français, cela servira aussi au non anglophone.

Scudie l’a déjà soulevé ici en anglais.

Pour être précis, c’est avec la carte PACKARD sur un Consolette Packard Butler 24.

A l’allumage, pas de bruit, c’est uniquement à la lecture d’un morceau.
      Que l’on utilise le potentiomètre interne ou externe, il y a toujours des parasites qui sont indépendants du niveau sonore.

Les parasites sont uniquement sur la sortie HP Gauche, si on inverse les sorties, le bruit change de coté.

Au casque, ce problème n’existe pas.

Chaque enceinte est relié convenablement, chacune avec sa masse.

J’ai testé différents câbles audio (blindés ou non), cela ne change rien.

La carte est monté en extérieur.

Des suggestions ?

Scudie
      Participant

Bonjour Klaatu

Sorry to hear you have a similar problem with the background noise.

Also my apologies for having to respond in English. Moi Fracais is petite!

I was beginning to wonder if it was only me who had the noise. Will be interested to see if anyone finds the cause & even better if they can cure / remove this problem. I am not conversant with Packard Wallbox or its associated conversion electronics, I wonder if the two systems share the same amplifier? If it’s relevant how does your system behave when the cancel button is pressed?

Happy New Year

Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Happy New Year Scudie !

No, you’re not alone. It seems many people have the same trouble with no luck.

From what I can see boards are identical for both Seeburg SC or Packard, only the terminals for 5V or 24V differs.

Cancel button, only cancel the played tune.

Another trouble is selection isn’t always accurate. It doesn’t play the selected tune, but another random one. But MAIN PROBLEM is the “hum” on left speaker.

I have the same happening with a wallbox2mp3 board inside a Rock-Ola 500 Consolette.

Between the 2 cards, 1 and 1/2 year and still the same trouble, I would have though this would have been solved, but no, they still sell product with defects.

Hope we will get a answer and a real solution !

fabienw
      Keymaster

Hello both of you and thank you for posting here,and of course sorry for the huge delay of my response,it should be the last time now as I’ve found a new partner to manage the website,shipment and administrative purposes

so first yes ,all the wb2mp3 systems share the same amplifier so the sound part operates the same way ; *

Concerning the packard / buckley system ,it uses a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) and read the voltage value of the signal sent to determine wich selection has been selected . This DAC is accurate and so the system always plays the right song in my laboratory. I can if you want send you a new set of 1% resistors for a test,you should also try to clean all connectors of your wallbox,indeed one of them could if not perfectly clean act as a resistor of small value and then modify the voltage received by the system.

Concerning this hum, i’ve then done some try,so we’re all agree that this trouble only comes from the left amplified output ? If so,I think that I’ve found the solution

fabienw
      Keymaster

Voici donc la version française du précédent post :

Bonjour à vous deux et merci d’avoir posté ici. Navré pour le retard de ma réponse mais ayant enfin trouver une collaboratrice susceptible de s’occuper de la gestion du site internet,des commandes et de l’administratif,je ne suis plus seul et vais enfin pouvoir être disponible pour mes clients et ma passion,l’électronique.

Donc l’ampli est le même sur tous les systèmes Wallbox2mp3.

Il semblerait que ce pb de bruits relaté ici provienne systématiquement de la sortie gauche,du coup j’ai fait quelques tests et tenté quelques modifications. Je pense avoir trouvé la solution.Je voudrais simplement m’assurer que ce pb vient sytématiquement de la sortie gauche.

Dans la philosophie du système,je comparais le son à ce qu’on peut obtenir avec des jukebox et j’avais essayer de laisser quelques grésillements non filtrés pour se rapprocher du son d’un vinyle sur un ampli de jukebox avec ses quelques bruits caractéristiques.Un son parfaitement crystalin d’une hifi me semblait inappropriée au produit.  Je ne m’étais pas rendu compte que la voie de gauche agissait de fait avec plus de bruits que la droite.

Toutes les cartes sont testées avant envoi mais aucun de mes testeurs ne m’avait fait de remarque à ce sujet mais il est vrai qu’ils n’utilisent pas le système au quotidien

Scudie
      Participant

Good morning Fabien

As my French is inadequate to read all of the above post I had to use google to translate it into English.

I do agree with Klaatu that the hum does appear to come from the left speaker.

In the last paragraph the translation says that all the cards are tested befor being dispatched?

Kind regards Scudie

fabienw
      Keymaster

Hello Scudie,

yes they’re tested individually but obviously just a short time to make sure that selections are right and that they have a stereo sound. I have to say that I’ve never noticed this hum as I rarely use my wallbox2mp3 at a very low sound level.

Concerning the left track,I’ve noticed that one of its track on the PCB goes over SDcard tracks and as these ones are obviously transmitting datas at an high rate when a selection is played,I’ve thought that they may generate ElectroMagnetic Interference (EMI). So I’ve cut this track and soldered instead a wire . It seems that the hum has disappeard.

I’m going to send you one on monday ,please do a test and let me know if the result fit your expectations and obviously I’ll do the same for Klaatu (please Klaatu,just recall me your name for the shipment)

Cheers,

Fabien

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Bonjour Fabien,

C’est une bonne nouvelle s’il y a une solution.

Sur 3 cartes (en ma possession), le problème est toujours à gauche !
      Et même à fort volume, cela s’entend quand on connaît le morceau.

Quand à la reflection sur le disque qui grésille, va falloir changer de diamant ou de disque 😉

Comment vous transmettre mes coordonnées ? à quelle adresse mail ?

fabienw
      Keymaster

Lol,oui,certainement,envoyez moi vos coordonnées à contact@r2tronik.com en me rappelant votre pseudo,

Klaatu
        Keymaster

Mail envoyé 😉

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Fabien

I guess this testing of the cards has been introduced since the problem with the optocoupler?

This  sounds like very good news if this modification stops the hum.

is this mod something that I can do to other cards I have?

currently I have one in the kitchen one in my study and one in my garage plus one at my parents plus  three that I have done for friends.

Is there any news on the cancell button cancelling all selections ?

did you read my post about 200 select wurlitzers?

kind Regards

Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Klaatu

I Was wondering if the tutorial on the volume switch’s on SC1-4 was helpful?

have you read it ?

Cheers Scudie

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Scudie.
      fabienw
      Keymaster

Well actually we were testing all wallbox2mp3 using my partner’s wallbox as I didn’t own any. The octocoupler’s trouble occured exactly when Sylvain has decided to left me . So I’ve decided to buy a couple of wallboxes to be able to test but during a short time I was just unable to do any test,and unfortunately my subcontractor has made this mistake at the same time.

Obviously we’re going to find a solution for all your wallbox2mp3 systems,I just want first to make sure that my solution is validated.

Also sorry but I can’t find your adress,could you please recall it ?

Concerning the cancel button,I’ve did some try but it seems to work well on the wallbox2mp3 I currently have,so I was wondering if you could send me back a defective one,I think that the button’s capacitor has a wrong value .

Concerning your wurlitzer,well if you send me back one of your wallbox2mp3,I’ll do a custom prog to fit these specifications.

fabienw
      Keymaster

Well actually we were testing all wallbox2mp3 using my partner’s wallbox as I didn’t own any. The octocoupler’s trouble occured exactly when Sylvain has decided to left me . So I’ve decided to buy a couple of wallboxes to be able to test but during a short time I was just unable to do any test,and unfortunately my subcontractor has made this mistake at the same time.

Obviously we’re going to find a solution for all your wallbox2mp3 systems,I just want first to make sure that my solution is validated.

Also sorry but I can’t find your adress,could you please recall it ?

Concerning the cancel button,I’ve did some try but it seems to work well on the wallbox2mp3 I currently have,so I was wondering if you could send me back a defective one,I think that the button’s capacitor has a wrong value .

Concerning your wurlitzer,well if you send me back one of your wallbox2mp3,I’ll do a custom prog to fit these specifications.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Fabien I have emailed you my postal address.

If this modifiction cures the hum on the left speaker is it possible for me to carry out the modifications  to the other cards I have ?

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Pour plus de clarté pour les autres utilisateurs, il serait préférable de continuer ce sujet en Français. Et en anglais dans l’autre ouvert par scudie.

J’ai donc reçu une carte modifiée, j’ai envoyé un mail avec photo à Fabien pour une histoire de bornier manquant avant de tester.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Bonsoir Fabien,

Je viens de lire ceci, que je n’avais pas lu, car je croyais que c’était une réponse à scudie  :

Concerning the packard / buckley system ,it uses a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) and read the voltage value of the signal sent to determine wich selection has been selected . This DAC is accurate and so the system always plays the right song in my laboratory. I can if you want send you a new set of 1% resistors for a test,you should also try to clean all connectors of your wallbox,indeed one of them could if not perfectly clean act as a resistor of small value and then modify the voltage received by the system.

Toutes les pastilles et contacts de la Packard ont été nettoyés sur le rouleau, ainsi que les lamelles.
      La sélection reste aléatoire, il faut parfois s’y reprendre à plusieurs fois pour obtenir la bonne piste. J’aurais bien aimé tester des résistances à 1% si vous pensez que cela peut améliorer les choses.

Merci pour votre nouvelle réactivité !

Scudie
      Participant

Bonsoir Klaatu
      Avez-vous déjà reçu la carte wb2mp3 modifiée?
      Si vous avez reçu la carte modifiée avez-vous eu la chance de l’essayer?
      Pourriez-vous me laisser savoir comment il effectue une fois que vous l’avez essayé.

Cordialement
      Le Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

J’ai reçu la carte, il y a une semaine, mais il manque un bornier pour le “signal”.

Et la fiche électrique pour alimenter la carte n’est pas du bon diamètre, je ne peux pas utiliser mon transfo 230v/5v.

J’attends une réponse de Fabrice.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Bonjour Scudie,

La carte modifiée reçue n’est pas la bonne, j’attends que Fabien en fasse une nouvelle pour ma Packard.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Hello, maybe best to continue on a dedicated facebook group, too much spam here…  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jukebox.Wallbox.Consolette.Convert.2mp3/

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.