Rockola 1544 compatibility

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Rockola 1544 compatibility

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Scudie
      Participant

Hello

A pal of mine has recently acquired a Rockola wallbox, he was told that it’s a 1546, having said that the paper label in the front cover which is chrome states that it’s a 1544.  After a bit of surching on the Internet I found a website that covers the history of Rockola wallbox’s confusingly the info there states that both the 1544 and the 1546 are 120 selection machines, the difference between them being that the front cover of the 1544 has a hammer tone painted finish.

Anyway the wallbox came with a V1.4 emulator and was told that the first 20 selections didn’t work so I checked the compatibility list and sure enough there are two 120 selection Rockola’s  listed as being compatible the 1544 &1555 the SD card that came with it was a micro SD in an adapter as I have heard that people have had problems with these. So I decided to configure a new full size SD card and give it a try but when I used the software to to configure it there is no listing to choose the 1544.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

And it doesn’t work with 1555 ?

Scudie
      Participant

Good morning Klaatu

I configured an SD for a 1555 and it behaves in the same way as the micro SD that had been in it when he bought it, ie there is nothing played for the selections 1-20.

When  the first page is turned and it is showing selections 21-30 on the left if the top left button (21) is pressed it plays selection one.

I re numbered all the MP3 files starting at 021 through to 140 and re wrote the SD this made no difference.  I also tried adding a M20.sel file to see if this had any effect but again this achieved nothing.

As there are two AMI 120 selection wallbox’s listed in the software I configured SD cards for these also but this also proved to have no effect.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Impulses must be different for all the Rock-Ola model, since each wallbox model goes with a specific jukebox.

You’d better contact Gaëlle or Fabien by email? I know they are swamped in preparing orders, complete cards, soldering, coding…. So give them some times to answer 😉

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Klaatu

Thanks for the suggestion, I had already considered doing as you suggested.

I had assumed that they were busy as I am awaiting a response from them on a completely different matter, so I was trying to find an answer to the problem without bothering them.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Folks

I spent a couple of hours last night studying this problem.

I figured that the because the SD card is configured for a Rockola 1555 (the only 120 selection Rockola listed in the software) That the V1.4 was not receiving a pattern of  pulse signals that it recognised for the first 20 selections, I assume that this is due to the design characteristics of this model of Rockola 1544 – !546  wallbox not being compatible with the way the SD card is configured .

So after making a small adaption to the wallbox I now have a song played for each of the first 20  selections and  for all the other 21-120 selections.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Rockola 1544/1546.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.