Seeburg SC Making Wrong Selections

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Seeburg SC Making Wrong Selections

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Sooner
      Participant

I have a problem with my latest SC1 selecting the correct songs when set up for albums. For example, If A1-V1 are set up as albums, A8-V8 are selected. If A2-V2 are set up as albums A8-V8 are selected and so on. So the only group that works properly for albums is A8-V8.  I can deal with that but it means I’ll have to re-arrange all the songs and index strips on the pages so the albums are on the first and last pages.

If they’re set up as singles the selections work properly.

Note that the emulator works fine on my other SC1. Any suggestions???

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Sooner

Thats weird and certainly nothing that I have encountered myself.

so it selects correctly if set to singles but not for albums where it always selects A8-V8

If it were me I would try swapping the credit units from one machine to the other I believe the number selections go through a set of relay contacts on the credit unit.

If it has no effect you can rule it out. Sorry I can’t be any more help.

Cheers Scudie

Sooner
      Participant

Good idea. I may just use A8-V8 for the albums and call it good.

Sooner
      Participant

I swapped the credit units are sure enough that seems to be the problem. Good to know but I think I’ll still just use A8-V8 as albums instead of trying to troubleshoot the credit unit.

Scudie
      Participant

Good to hear that the problem as been found.

I do have a couple of spare credit units, if  you want one you are welcome to one, but I guess it’s dependant on your location, as it may cost more to post than what it’s worth.

The first SC1 I restored & converted was missing the credit unit , so as I was unable to source a credit unit locally I found a way of bridging certain connections on the 12 pin socket to enable the SC1 to work without one hence the spares.

Cheers Scudie

Sooner
      Participant

Thanks for the offer but I’m okay just using the A8-V8 selections as albums. I’ve already re-arranged the song list. Now just need to re-do the index labels so the “8s” are in front and back instead of the “1s”.

Are you in Europe? I’m in the US. Oklahoma to be exact.

Scudie
      Participant

Hello  Sooner

No problem the offer is there if you change your mind, my boss travels to Los Angeles every six weeks or so, so it could be posted to you from there.

Yes in Europe  ( not sure how long for with this Brexit thing going on)

England Nottinghamshire  Robin Hood country to be exact.

I am guessing that you should be able to pick up spares fairly  easily over there, if you should nead to.

I have bought a few bits off of a guy called Bill Butterfield he is in Napa California. If you want his email address let me know.

Also some spares from Karen & Jeff at the old coin op.

Cheers Paul

Sooner
      Participant

Hey Paul,

I asked my friend who I’m setting up the wallbox for if he was interested in one of yours and he may be but has some questions. Do you know how much postage would be from the UK to Oklahoma (73072)? Have you tested it and know it works?

I’m also curious about the model and code(s) on yours. I notice both of the ones I have are model APU 10-56 but the codes are different. The one that works is S424 and the one that doesn’t is S443. I’m wondering if the codes are meaningful and the S442 is an incorrect version.  They both look exactly the same to me.

I’d also be interested in the email for your sources in case I need something in the future.

Thanks,

Steve

Sooner
      Participant

UPDATE: I took mine apart and cleaned the switch contacts and the plate that the two pins rub against and now it’s working! There were black streaks where the pins rub against the contact plate. I suspect that was the problem. Not sure I understand how that would affect the selection but it’s working now so all is good.

Scudie
      Participant

Bill Butterfield.      mffe@napanet.net

Karren and Jeff.  oldcoinop@yahoo.com

Have not tested any of the credit units that I have.

would have to check serial numbers later.

Cheers Paul

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.