Wiring "Volume Control" on Seeburg SC1-4

Welcome Forums Tutorials Wiring "Volume Control" on Seeburg SC1-4

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Klaatu 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

scudie
    Participant

Morning Steve

Fairly  sure that I have a diagram of switch I will try to find it later and post it on here.

I do not work for Fabien or wb2mp3 and  my involvement with the forum is purely voluntary just trying to help if I can.👍

Sooner
    Participant

A diagram would be great!

scudie
    Participant

Hello

I have found various diagrams , one shows a modified version of  volume controls switch, this is a  section of the Seeburg  SC1 wiring diagram. If compared to the original you will see the difference.

The other diagrams show the various circuit paths of the audio through the switches &  there relevant resistors. It’s a while since I looked at these & rememberit taking me a while to get my head around how it worked!   Sorry the first one is sideways , Hope they help.

Cheers Scudie

scudie
    Participant

Not sure if I have mentioned it previously but you can download a copy of the Seeburg SC1 manual from here on the website I think it’s under the Support section.👍

Sooner
    Participant

Thanks Scudie!

I’ll have to see if I can decipher it now.  Yes, I already found the Seeburg SC1 manual.

Thanks again!

Steve

Sooner
    Participant

Scudie,

I got mine working! It turned out I had the ground wires coming from the volume control going to the wrong speaker. I thought I had tried it before but I may have mixed up the positive wires. Anyway it’s working now and I believe it’s wired just like yours only bypassing the relay.

Interesting that the schematic shows two 22 ohm and one 220 ohm resistors but mine had one 22 and two 220 ohm resistors. Strange…

I made a couple of other modifications also. I replaced the 10 ohm resistors with 20 ohm resistors. That makes the change in volume a little more so a little more useable. I also clipped the connections of the 220 ohm resistors on the outside of the control unit. Now when no buttons are pushed in the volume is completely cut off. That will be handy when using a Bluetooth unit so there’s no echo effect because of the Bluetooth delay.

Thanks again!

Steve

scudie
    Participant

Hi Steve

Glad to hear that you found the problem & got  it sorted, that’s an interesting idea by disconnecting the resistors thereby switching audio off with no buttons pressed, nice one.

Do you still have the humming from the left speaker?

Chears Paul

Sooner
    Participant

I have buzzing in both speakers but it’s not too loud so you can’t really hear it when the volume is turned up at least half way.  You don’t have any buzzing at all when the volume on the emulator is turned all the way down?

Sooner
    Participant

And there’s no buzzing when using the Bluetooth through the AUX output.

Sooner
    Participant

I did some more experimenting with different resistor values in the volume control to try and improve the range even more. The best combination I came up with was to replacing the 15 ohm resistors with 20 ohms (2×10 in series) and replacing the 22 ohm resistors with 43 ohms (10+33 in series). Now I’m getting about a 6dB reduction for the medium setting and another 6dB for the low setting.

Klaatu

That’s really great. I have to keep trace of it to experience it on a SC1 in the future.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.