Speakers Box in Or Not?

Home Forums Your work Speakers Box in Or Not?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Scudie
      Participant

I have decided to build another wooden box,  to fit the wb2mp3 unit into,  plus other components, rather than standing the wallbox on top of the box I decided to place it behind the wallbox.

As the wallbox in question does  not have its own speakers,  so the wooden box ideally needs to house the speakers also, when I have built previous box’s I have fitted partitions inside the box to separate the speakers from A each other & B the other components.

I am not really sure if this is nesseccary, I have noticed that the sound is definitely improved by the fitting of a lid (gives it a richer deaper tone) but as I said this box is going to be vertical with only the rear section being removeable for access to the fuse & SD card.

Iwondered if any one had any thoughts / experience on this matter?

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Decided to go ahead and box in the speakers whether it’s nesseccary or not.      Though I am going to make the partitions removeable.

I had an old stainless steel kitchen sink that I salvaged & thought that I would be able to cut a section from it to form around the wooden box, but alsas after cutting it up I have come to the conclusion that I will nead to source a piece of stainless from a different source.

Cheers Scudie

bobwiley
      Participant

What I would maybe try to do is incorporate one of those bluetooth rectangle speakers. The one we have at work is small, but gets nice and loud and really crisp sound that does a great job at the low frequencies. The sides are sort of like mini subwoofers, so if you tacked that on the back bottom and then your components on top.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Bobwiley

I have some speakers that I have had for a while I think the came out of an old TV, any way I have made the sides of the box to accept these & have now partitioned off the speakers from the rest of the box, still looking for a piece of stainless steel that’s suitable for the job of covering the box.

The weather has been good here again so have been busy outside for the last few days, maybe have another look at it this weekend. how are you getting on with your 3WA?

M_schrenk
      Participant

Before I connected my upgraded and sealed drive in speakers to my 3WA using the wired speaker connection I was using my son’s JBL Flip using a BT transmitter to the headphone jack. It sounded amazing and the size is quite small. I don’t know how they do it but the sound coming out of a 2 inch speaker is amazing.

richbooth
      Participant

Look at the Bose radios. They rely on the home space inside to tone the sound.

My Seeburg SC1 users the built in speakers, they sound great.

My 3WA uses a Bluetooth transmitter that I connect to either blurb speakers,  stereo system or headphones.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.