Wurlitzer 5220 200 song software issue.

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Wurlitzer 5220 200 song software issue.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy
      Participant

I see that this has been addressed before but I did not see a clear resolution.  I have a 5220 200 song Wurlitzer and a V1.5 emulator.  When a download 200 songs to the SD card using the WB2MP3 program I do not get a valid file for the 5220.  Selecting A1 plays song 31 on the list and the last 30 selections are lost.  I have tried a WIPOD emulator on the box and the song selection is correct.  I have also tried most of the other 200 selection boxes available in the software and none come close to a correct listing.  Is there a solution?

Scudie
      Participant

Hi battlebugs

I thought that this had been explained in the latest version of the User manual?

Take your Sd out of the V1.5 and insert it into your PC SD slot, open it up so you can see all of the files on your SD.

I think there should be all of  your MP3 files, the configuration file & another file that is named something like    M00. sel    click on this and change it to m31.sel remove the SD safely and put it back in your V1.5.

let me know how you get on.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Thanks Scudie, I went through the manual and did not find a reference to the M00.sel file.  Perhaps this was left out of the English version of the manual.  I did find the file on the SD card and adjusted it to M30.sel, this is much better I at least get a song with every selection now.  How ever selection A1 gets song sel002 and A9 gets sel001 and so on for the remaining letters.  Also seems that the further I go up the list the less accurate song selection becomes.  I sometimes have to cancel and select the same song many times before the correct song plays.  I will relook my wiring and reclean the WB but it performed correctly with the WIPOD emulater.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Battlebugs

Have just read your last post, I also checked the User manual and did not find any mention of the m00.sel file.

I am fairly sure I have read it somewhere on the website ( but could be mistaken).

I have had no personal experience with a 5220, I have used both a 5210 & a 5250 with a V1.4bis & in both cases there were no tracks played when any of the T, U, or V selections were made.

I concluded that when A1 was selected it infact played D1 therefor it ran out of tracks on selection S 0 hence nothing on T, U, &V

I found by trial and error that if I configured the SD for a 200 select Rockola, I had all 200 selections.

As in your case where if you keep trying a a particular selection and sometimes it plays the correct track I would guess that the signal being sent by the wallbox is somehow corrupted. Dirty signal generator board /wiper arm or dirty selection key switches,possibly?

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

My mistake, I did not realize there is a software manual for V1.5 – it is explained in there.  I’m guessing a corrupt signal for the remaining problems as well, I will try some fixes for that.  I’m a little distracted right now as I just received a V1.5 emulator for my Buckley and I rather work on that.

thanks again

Scudie
      Participant

Good luck with the Buckley,  I hope that all goes well with that , are you aiming on installing the V1.5 inside it?

Back to the possibility of a corrupt signal it is strange that it works with no faults when connected to the iPod unit.

I recently built a conversion for a Wurlitzer 5250 for a friend, his 5250 had worked fine when connected to his jukebox, the conversion worked fine when connected to my 5250 but  had issues when connected to his.

I removed the motor , cleaned the wiper arm and contact board, reassembled it and the issues were rectified.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Well, it is working now, I replaced the signal wire with a new smaller gauge wire.  The WIPOD adapter has the signal and 24v wires embedded in the emulator so maybe that is why it worked when the WB2MP3 did not.

The RETROELECTRONIK folks sent me one of the first production V1.5 Packard/Buckley emulators and it sounds really good but I do not think it will fit inside the Buckley – I may try it.  I’ll post a video in the Facebook page soon.

Thanks for your help

Scudie
      Participant

Good morning Randy

Good to here that you have solved the problem .

Obviously you can  post photos on here & some users have posted links to YouTube videos,  I don’t use Facebook so won’t see anything that is put on there.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

So I cant find enough room to mount the PCB inside the box without removing something vital so it will have to remain external – just got to figure out a setup.

Scudie
      Participant

Good Morning Randy

Nice video ,really think the drive in speakers looks cool and sound good also, I looked for a pair of them myself but they are not that common over here , I doubt that there were any drive in cinemas in England so any that come up for sale (sometimes on EBay) sell for strong money.

Just got to build something to house it all in.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Scudie, send me an email at randall.delong@outlook.com when you get a chance.

Thanks

Randy

Scudie
      Participant

Good morning Randy

i have tried to send an email to the address in the above post, unfortunately each time I try I get an (unable to deliver mail) notice shortly after sending it.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

My mistake, I forgot the S  randall.s.delong@outlook.com

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.