A million thanks !

Home Forums General discussions A million thanks !

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurent66250
      Participant

I have purchased a Rock-Ola WallBox that I cannot configure (I really don’t know anything about it!).
      I found this site and wrote to Gaëlle.
      Despite all the troubles she is having at the moment after the workshop and her house burned down, Gaëlle takes the time to answer each of my emails with extreme kindness.
      It is rare to see such a service from a provider and I would like to thank her publicly.
      I wish them good luck in facing the inconvenience they are experiencing at the moment.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Laurent

If you are still having problems with your Rockola post your questions on here.

Between us we should be able to help you along.

Cheers Scudi

Laurent66250
      Participant

Dear Scudie,

Thanks a lot for your answer and sorry for coming back to you so late.

I still have a problem with my RockOla 507.

I have 2 red flashes which, according to the manual, there is a problem with my SD card.
      I was indeed using an adapter with a micro SD…
      I bought another new SD card but the result is the same, 2 red flashes …
      I have been trying since to find a solution, I just read that there are several types of SD cards:
      – SD SDXC which allows more storage,
      – SD SDHC whose capacity does not exceed 32G.
      Do you know if the WallBoxMP3 is not compatible with the SDXC, the new one I bought?
      Here are the files on my card:
      c1o06.cnf
      sel001.mp3
      sel002.mp3
      sel003.mp3 …
      Thank you in advance for your support!

Kind regards,

Laurent

Michiel
      Participant

Good evening Laurent,

My name is Michiel and I own two Rock Ola 507 wallboxes. I have V1.5 and it all works fine.  I use SDHC cards with 8GB capicity. That’s more than enough space for 160 songs on 320 kbps 🙂

The files on my cards are

c0o06.cnf

M21.sel

names.csv

sel001.mp3

sel002.mp3

sel003.mp3

etc.

As you notice, my C-files have a “o” (zero) instead of a “1”

So I suggest that you change the number and it then might work flawless. If not, try a SDHC card instread of SDXC.

Good luck!

Michiel

Scudie
      Participant

Hi folks

Laurent which model of wb2mp3 emulator are you using?

I think the difference between yours and Michiel’s configuration file is that yours is set for random play where as Michiels is not. I can’t see this making any difference but I guess its worth a try.

At what point does the red light start t flash?

Is it immediately after the power is turned on or only after you have tried to make a selection?

I a not 100 percent sure about this but I think some of my Sd cards are marked HC and some have nothing at all on them, I have only had two problems that were down to the Sd the first one was with a micro SD in a SD converter that a friend of mine bought second hand with Rockola wall box and a V1.3 or 1.4 this did play intermittently but mostly something that had not been selected. The second one was one of my own, this one was initially reliable but after a couple of months began to stutter while playing & after a few minutes would fail to play altogether.

Take the Sd card out and put it back into the computer you used to configure the SD make sure that when  you click on a mp3 file that it opens and plays the right track.

Also make sure that the config file and the mp3 files are not in a folder on the SD.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Scudie

Laurent66250
      Participant

Dear Scudie, Dear Michiel,

Very nice of you for taking the time to answer me so quickly.

To already answer the questions of the model, here is what is written:
      * Jukebox emulator V1.5
      Rock Ola
      Wallbox2mp3
      * The red flash flashes 2 times immediately after power on.
      * MP3 tracks play well on my PC.
      * I put the SD card in and then turned on the power. The flash flashes twice. I shut down, took out the SD card, put it back and powered it on. The result has not changed.
      * All the files created are directly on the card, I have not created any subfolders.

Yes indeed, the difference of zero and 1 concerns the reading mode, it was Gaëlle who explained that to me.

Michiel, are the “M21.sel” and “names.csv” files on your card necessary? I only have the “c1o06.cnf” files on mine,
      “sel001.mp3”,
      “sel002.mp3”,
      etc.
      I believe buying a new SDHC if a capacity of 8GB can hold 160 songs…

Thank you both very much for your help.

Have a nice week end,

Cheers,

Laurent

Michiel
      Participant

Good morning Laurent and Scudie,

Laurent, you mention the use of the emulator V1.5, but do you use the proper software? In my situation, the latest version of the software automatically puts the “M21.sel” and “names.csv” files on the SD card. The software version I use can be found here:

http://www.wallbox2mp3.com/soft/wallbox2mp3_scrollbar.jar

The manual that comes with the software provides more information about those files (also in French)

http://wallbox2mp3.com/soft/documentation_EN.pdf

But you’ve probably seen it yourself 🙂

I doubt if adding a M21.sel file will make the emulator work. On the other hand, the fact that there is no M21.sel file at all on your card, suggests that there is something not right with the software you use in combination with the version of the emulator. So it is certainly worth a try to download the correct software again.

Maybe Scudie has also some other suggestions?

Let us know how things are going.

Groeten,

Michiel

Laurent66250
      Participant

Hello Michiel,

You put your finger on THE/MY real problem because, indeed, I do not use the software and the configuration of my card is completely manual.

After “1000” attempts to download the program and despite updating Java (1000 times too), I cannot open the software as presented in the guide (I am using a fairly new PC).
      I will attempt to send you what I see on the screen when I launch it.
      I asked Gaëlle for help and she provided me with the “c1o06.cnf” file as well as the “M21.sel” in the event of a music shift (file not used because I have no music from the all…).

Gaëlle reassured me because the manual configuration without the software is long but possible. The only problem remains to do the labels myself.

This is my sad story …

I’m going to try again this afternoon to start all over again for the umpteenth time …

Thank you for your support and have a good Sunday!

Cheers

Laurent

Laurent66250
      Participant

Michiel
      Participant

Hi Laurent,

Reading/seeing the information that you provide, I conclude a few things.

1. You have succeeded downloading the right file: wallbox2mp3_scrollbar.jar.

The extension .jar means that is has to be opened by using Java.

2. The screenshot that you have uploaded, shows that you (your pc) has opened the file using software like winrar (or winzip). At this point things go wrong, the .jar file has to be openend by Java. So, your pc has the .jar file incorrectly linked to winrar/winzip. You can easily change that by clicking on the .jar file with the right button of the mouse and give the assignment to open the file with java.

Let us know the outcome

Groeten,

Michiel

Laurent66250
      Participant

Dear both,

First of all, I have good news !!!

My problem to open and work on the software is now fixed.
      There was a problem associating “.jar” files with “Java”. While searching on the internet, I found a repair program that I put here to help those who encountered this problem like me (https://johann.loefflmann.net/downloads/jarfix.exe).

After reformatting my SD card, I was finally able, thanks to the wallbox2mp3 software, to create my music files and labels.

The files “c2o06.cnf”, “M21.sel” and “names.csv” were created on their own.
      It was very easy and really very convenient!

Once my card was ready, I reinserted it into the Rock Ola and … I still have those 2 red flashes.
      I tried again 2 times in vain.

I replaced the SD in my PC and noticed that a file called “System Volume Information” had created itself on the SD crate which is impossible to delete.
      I again went looking for a solution on the web and found some help that I also put here: (https://dedeler.biz/articles/12150-how-to-delete-system-volume -information-from-sd-card.html).

Unfortunately, and this is the bad news, I still have these 2 red flashes.
      I believe, this time, that it comes from the SD card, tell me what you think.

In any case, thank you again for your patience and your immense help, feeling supported gives motivation to find solutions!

Good evening !

Cheers

Laurent

Michiel
      Participant

Hi Laurent,

good news that the software now works, that saves you a lot of work!
      As for the two red flashes: I think this indeed has to do with the SD card. (By the way, it is not a problem if there is a folder system volume information on the sd card). The SD card is not recognized by the emulator. The most obvious reason I can think of is that the properties of the sd card do not match with the emulator. Are you using an sdhc or sdxc card? I advice using a SDHC card, because SDXC is not supported by every device. In case you do already use SDHC, than try another SDHC card, in rare cases a card is faulty…

Groeten,

Michiel

Laurent66250
      Participant

Dear Scudie, Dear Michiel, Dear Gaëlle,

HURRAY !!!!

Tonight, everything is working well !

I bought a new SDHC card with only 16GB and it was a magic moment when I didn’t see the red flash.

Listen to the music on the Rock Ola was also so magical, Christmas before Christmas !!

So yes, you were all right, the Java problems have to be solved first for using the program correctly but the SD card must be a SDHC (and not a SDXC).

I want to repeat it, thanks a lot for your support guys, you have been patients with me and really good analysts !

I wish you all the best, please take all good care of you !

Cheers,

Laurent

Scudie
      Participant

Good news,

Glad to read that all is now working as it should.
      I have only just caught up with the thread, been busy over the weekend.

A 16 GB card will easily hold all the music you can put on your Rockola, I have several 2gb cards that I swap on my SC1 & each will hold 158 single track selections and a couple of Albums each album being 2 CDs long & probably moor.

Hopefully you can now sit back and enjoy the music.

Any photos of your setup?

Cheers Scudie

Cheers

Michiel
      Participant

Hi Laurent,

That’s great news 🙂
      I know from personal experience how nice it is when your wallbox finally plays your music. It also took me quite a lot of effort at the time… But since then I use them every day and I am still making new music combinations (on multiple sd cards), which – for me- is also a nice way to discover “new” music. I wish you a lot of fun,

Groeten,
      Michiel

Laurent66250
      Participant

Hello Scudie and Michiel,

I am pleased to present you my Rock Ola !
      It still works very well to my great joy.

Finally, the longest job to do is cutting the labels lol !
      Thank you again for allowing me to do this, thanks to your precious help!

Take good care of yourself !

Cheers
      Laurent

Scudie
      Participant

Hello Laurent

That looks like it’s in really nice condition, I have seen quite a few for sale recently (over the past year) that were really in quite poor condition.

Did it look like that when you purchased it ?

Are you intending in mounting it on a wall?

Did you mount the conversion inside the wall box or is it all external?

Cheers Scudie

Laurent66250
      Participant

Good evening Scudie,

Thank you for the compliment Scudie, Yes, it was really in very good condition when purchased, there is a small impact on the speaker and, obviously, some signs of wear but I admit that it is really very beautiful.

No, it will remain on a small piece of furniture, my walls are not strong enough to support the weight…

Yes, the MP3 module was already mounted inside, luckily because I don’t think I will have managed to plug anything in, I’m really not good at that lol.

I attach a photo of the interior.

Good evening Scudie!

Cheers,

Laurent

gaelle
      Keymaster

hello

I find just now your post, sorry we are submerged by all by everything that has happened to us !

you said that the SD card must be a SDHC (and not a SDXC), this is interesting information that I’ll had in the notice soon !!

We hope to be able to product again in early 2022, thank you so much Scudie and Michiel for helping us answer on the forum !!!

congratulations Laurent66250 and thank you for hanging out !!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by gaelle.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.