Free Play 3W1 3WA

Home Forums Tutorials Free Play 3W1 3WA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello  i Have a Seeberg  S100 3w1  and  a Seeberg D 3wa 200.

I installed wallbox2mp3 VI.4 in both. How do i convert to free play mode ? Is there a diagram available ?

Thank You

Gus

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Klaatu.
      Scudie
      Participant

Hi

if you take a look in the manual for the 3w1, on page 7 it shows the credit unit , one of the components on the drawing is labelled reset bracket, it is held in position with a small screw , remove the screw and bracket then either operate one of the coin switches or manually trigger one of the credit unit contacts.

Cheers Scudie

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Scudie.
      Scudie
      Participant

Hi

I forgot to ask does your 3WA have a plug in credit unit?

Will have a look into making a 3wa free play later and let you know.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Good evening Gus

Finally got round to looking into free play on the 3wa, if  you have a plug on your credit unit it is easy remove the plug and put a jumper wire from the ground terminal on the socket to the fourth terminal on the lower row.

Cheers Scudie

M_schrenk
      Participant

Scudie,

Not sure I’ll ever do that as I’m still enjoying feeding my 3WA quarters. Just to clarify, you are saying that I would install a momentary switch to the ground terminal and that 4th terminal and then plug it back in to the socket?

Sorry-dumb question but I don’t want to mess anything up if I ever do this in the future.

M_schrenk
      Participant

Scudie,

I was going through all of the posts on this forum (wasting time until my family wakes up!) and seen another reply you had for free play. If I understand this correctly, when you jump them out as you instructed there is always a credit…. It never deducts after a selection. So I’m guessing you would not jump it and then plug it back in the socket…

My brain was still sleeping… I was reading that as if “free play” meant a button to trigger the coin switch. I would think that would simply require connecting a momentary switch to one of the coin switches.  I think I’m awake now!  All this social distancing and stay home stuff is messing with me!

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Free play ie being able to make a selection without having to deposit coins can be achieved in various ways dependent on the make / model of the wall box you are using.

In most cases you can fit a momentary switch to one of the coin switches and when pressed this will register a certain amount of credits / plays. Changing to a different coin switch would either increase or decrease the credits registered by each press of the switch.

On the first Seeburg Sc1 I converted the credit unit and its wiring plug was missing, so I found a way to put the unit into free play without the credit unit,  so in this case with a jumper wire fitted to the 12 pin credit plug the wiper arm always comes to rest in the credit position. There for never runs out of credit.

Certain wallbox’s Wurlitzer 5210 and 5250 there is only one coin switch, the amount of credits established is determined by mechanical means rather than electrical so a momentary switch on one of these will only register one play.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers Scudie

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Scudie.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.