Morse Code

Home Forums Your work Morse Code

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Scudie
      Participant

Had my kitchen SC1 on the other night, after playing a dozen or so selections it failed to play any subsequent selections.

Pressing the cancell button had no positive affect, so turned the power off for a minute or so & then tried again, made three selections & it played them without fault.

The following night after playing for half an hour ish the sound started to stutter (like  morse code)  for about 10 seconds then cut completely part way through a song.

Any subsequent selections failed to play, again powered off fo five minutes while I made a coffee, powers back on & it played correctly for  4 / 5 songs then failed again.

The following night I removed the cover and played it untill again it failed, checked to see if there was any sound from the mini audio jack with a pair of ear phones, no sound, checked for an error code on the V1.4 board nothing there, noticed that the red led that comes on when a song is playing was still illuminated, pressed the cancell button  & tried another selection which failed to play, but now had an error code of 2 flashes ,( Wallbox2mp3 fails to initialise the SD card, )

Subsequently I have configured  a replacement Sd card and so far it appears to have rectified the fault.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Yup, similar experience here, when working on my Melody Lane project I finally found an SD card that functioned correctly then after several test runs it failed to initialize and gave the 2 flash loop.  Once I reformatted the SD card with the Windows full format it functioned correctly.

gaelle
      Keymaster

Hello scudie and Randy

As i well understand, it’s on a v1.4

it’s quite strange, we had a trouble with a customer who send me back his SD Cards and his wallbox2mp3 v1.4. When they was here, I did a test with his v1.4 and a new v1.5 with his SD cards, I have no trouble.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Folks

Yes it was on a v1.4, I built and converted the SC1 2 or 3 years ago & had a SD card with mostly 50’s & 60’s music on, & it’s been sat in the kitchen since.

At some point last year I noticed that one of the speakers was not working so swapped the speaker for a known good unit still no sound from one speaker, plugged a pair of earphones into the mini audio jack & had sound on both channels, so I fitted a separate amplifier and wired it to the audio jack, hey presto I had sound from both speakers.

Every year before Christmas I swapp the SD and title Cards in the kitchen SC1 for loads of Christmas songs, after Christmas this year I decided to do another SD card with a different choice of music 70’s & 80’s with around 10 albums also.

Initially  this new SD worked fine with no faults untill a couple of weeks ago when it started to cut out and stutter part way through a song, at this point it had been fitted and working for  well over 6 months,

Also when I first inserted the suspect dodgy SD into my PC it woul allow me to access the MP3 files but would not let me copy or delete any of the files & I received a message telling me to insert an SD card into the slot.

So I am guessing that the card has failed in some way.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

The Sc1 on the left is my kitchen one,

The right hand one I built for some friends of mine after they saw our red one.

Randy
      Participant

Yup. I’m guessing card failures rather than emulator failures for my issues as well.  Those are some darn nice looking SCs, are the speaker grills  original or did you rework them?

Randy

Scudie
      Participant

Morning Randy

The speaker grills on mine are the ones that were glued on when I got the machine, I removed them so I could get the case stripped and painted as the chrome was extremely poor. Gave them a thorough cleaning before refitting them.

The ones on the right hand SC1 were originally black and came off of a case that was either copper or gold colour, which is the one that I did have powder coated (to my regret) the machine on the right came to me without any speaker grills so I sprayed the black ones  a grey/silver as it was there preference.

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.