Not a wallbox but…

Home Forums Your work Not a wallbox but…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy
      Participant

Well it is not a Juke Wallbox but it does have a WB2MP3 Solotone emulator in it. It’s a 1926/27 Crossley 5-50 AM radio making music again. The speaker is a 1928 RCA 103. I had originally considered refurbishing this AM radio but it is a little expensive and in the end can only pick up half of today’s AM band width. I found it cheaper to just install an MP3 adapter from WallBox2MP3 and load it with period music. The period music was downloaded from one of several old time radio program archives available on the web.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxflFOReb5Y&t=8s

Scudie
      Participant

Cracking Idea well impressed with that,  especially the tuning in effect before the song starts.

Wish I had the room for a pinball machine never mind four!

Sort of ran it past the planning department a few years ago, was told to get shut of some bikes and I could have one in the garage.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

I’d  run it past her again, they are a blast.  I only do the older “EM” electro-mechanical machines, they have a lot in common with the wallboxes like switch stacks and stepper units.  The oldest one in the picture is a 1953 machine (2nd from the right).  For the radio, I’ve fooled a couple people already by hitting the credit switch and then adjusting the main dial and they think I’m actually tuning in a radio station.

Scudie
      Participant

Don’t worry I have tried! But no such luck so far.

On the video of the radio there is a Rowe ami wallbox on the wall behind the radio what model is it WRD WRE?

Do you have it connected to anything ?

Theres a guy called Christophe on here asking for information regarding connections on a WRD .

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Right Scudie it is a Rowe – its a WR CD.  I posted a picture of the connector strip in the other thread but it has not been approved yet.   This is really my go to box when company is over, it has 1000 selectable songs on it.  It can play up to 10,000 but you could never get them all listed on the program cards.  It is the CDadapter emulator which is a little expensive but the box itself was only $180 delivered.

Randy

Scudie
      Participant

There seems to be a bit of  delay between posts being posted and them appearing on the forum.

Its good to see that Christophe  now has it powered up.

I have seen the adapter for CD wallbox also the one for WRE/F seems a bit strange that there doesn’t seem to be anything for Christophe’s WRD.

I have not seen one of the WR CD wallbox’s how does the song listing work? a mate of mine has a CD Juke box that holds 100 CD’s he uses the CD inserts from the cd case’s they simply  fit into motorised pages inside the jukebox. Cant imagine you have the space for CD inserts inside a wallbox.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Yes, I messaged Gaëlle, posts with pictures or links have to be approved by the moderators now, she may be trying to change that back.

Song listing for the WRCD is on cards inserted into 50 swinging pages, each card can legibly show about 20-25 songs.  I guess when they were in use commercially ROWE would produce the inserts with album listings and sometimes cover art.

Sometimes the original blank inserts show up on Ebay, I guess you could type in the song lists.  I just developed my own pages in Windows Powerpoint and bought a 1″ x 1″ hole cutter from a craft store to punch out the hole for the page number to show on the swinging pages .  Of course you don’t have to limit each page to one album with the MP3 format.

Randy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.