SD Card Issues

Home Forums Tutorials SD Card Issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy
      Participant

There has been much discussion on difficulties with SD cards and I experienced some recently.

I am working on my first Melody Lane/Solotone project now and ran into an issue with the SD card.

This application is a little different than the others as it does not require a CNF file to work.  There is no song selection on the Solotone/Melody Lane boxes, you just receive a selection of random songs for 5 or 10 cent coins.

So when I tried to format an SD card for my Melody Lane I got the 2 flash loop for failure to initialize the SD card.

I tried several different 16GB cards from a box I had that worked for V1.4/V1.5 WB2MP3 and DEC and Packard/Buckley emulators but they did not work in the Solotone emulator.

So I tried other cards of 32, 128 and 16 GB and still got the 2 flash error message.

Initially Bad Cards:

I sent an email to Retroelectronic to express my concerns and then found an old 512mg card and tried it – it worked.

Then Retroelectronic sent me a 4GB card to try establish a baseline for SD cards.

When it arrived I tried it in all of my emulators and it worked in all of them – V1.4/1.5 WB2MP3, V1.5 DEC, Packard/Buckley and Solotone/Melody Lane.

I then went back and re-tried the original SD cards that had produced the 2 flash loop and they still failed.  So I tried reformatting, the Windows Quick Format did no good but when I did the full format they finally worked.

So in the final analysis I doubt that the emulators fail often because of SD cards, rather it is a card compatibility issue or a formatting issue.

The 4GB card Retroelectronic sent me that worked in all emulators:

I’ll post my work on the Melody Lane as soon as I get a few kinks worked out, it is a pretty cool wallbox.

Randy

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by gaelle.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Klaatu.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.