Seeburg 3WA (200) incorrect song selection

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Seeburg 3WA (200) incorrect song selection

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      thatsmesd
      Participant

I have a Seeburg 3WA wallbox which had some issues with the signal switches, I think I have now sorted the problems but it still selects the wrong songs, is this because I am using the emulator from my Seeburg 3W1? Are the emulators programmed for a specific wallbox or is it a problem with my 3WA?

Sooner
      Participant

If you’re using a wallbox2mp3 emulator the type of wallbox must be selected when you build the SD card.

thatsmesd
      Participant

The sd card has been configured for a 3WA wallbox but  still plays the wrong songs, on most selections it plays one number out, I press B1 and it plays B2 etc, the pages on my wallbox start in the middle and run A1, B1, C1 etc but I have seen pictures of some 3WA wall boxes that show the page numbering A1, A2, A3 etc. I don’t think that the problem though.

Sooner
      Participant

I would start by checking the pulse codes from the wallbox. You can do that by connecting a 24V light across the wallbox signal and ground. When a selection cycle runs you can see the pulses. They’re too fast to count so you can either:

1. Make a slow motion video

2. Disconnect the power to the motor and turn the contact rotor manually.

Here’s a slow motion video I made of my SC1  for selection A1 (9 + 20 pulses).  I believe the pulse codes for a 3WA will be reversed: A1 (2+1 pulses), A2 (2+2 pulses), B1 (3+1 pulses) etc.

thatsmesd
      Participant

Thanks Sooner I will give that a go, just an update, I tried several selections and it appears to play the song 11 selections past the one I press with the exception being the 1 & 2 buttons play the same song. e.g.
      A1 plays B2
      A2 plays B2
      A3 plays B4
      A4 plays B5
      A5 plays B6
      A6 plays B7 etc,
      Any “V” selection does not play anything

Sooner
      Participant

I had a similar problem with an SC1 and it went away when I cleaned the APU credit unit. I haven’t worked on a 3WA and don’t know if it even has an APU but You might clean any relay contact you do have.

Also, on SC1s there’s a mysterious orange wire that I understand can cause problems with some emulators if it’s not disconnected. When it’s connected the wallbox signal defaults to ON when the unit is at rest. If disconnected the signal defaults to OFF. Again, don’t know if a 3WA has something similar or not.

You might want to ask in the forums also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jukebox.Wallbox.Consolette.Convert.2mp3/

http://jukeboxaddicts.proboards.com/

thatsmesd
      Participant

I took sooners advice and checked the pulse count.

I connected a multimeter with a continuity buzzer to the signal screw & contact arm and wound manually with no power connected to check the pulsing train.

I had a small problem with the number key releasing slightly too early which sometimes caused an extra number pulse, sorted it by adjusting the latch bar screws and its ok now.

I then spent hours figuring out why it played the wrong songs, it turns out the correct selection numbers should be sel011 to sel210 not sel001 to sel200 so I had to renumber all 200,  it would have been a great deal of help if the manual had shown this in the first place.

Hope V2 sorts these sort of issues.

Still getting wrong or no songs sometimes when I select several at the same time, usually play the first ok but then either no song or the wrong one, perhaps its down to the temp wiring I am using, I will see how it goes when installed full with heavier gauge wire.

Sooner
      Participant

Good to know about selection numbers being different. Are they printed on the title strips correctly?

Skipping and/or substituting some selections is a known problem. I notice it particularly when it set to play random music too. Also does it occasionally when random music is off. I think that may be from making selections to rapidly. Seems like it needs a second or two to digest the previous selection.

thatsmesd
      Participant

No the title strips are wrong, it needs to be sorted really as does the skipping problem, I don’t mean to be hard on the developers and I know this is an ongoing project but the emulators are being sold as a working product, it’s not the buyers job to beta test the emulators or the software.

Anyhow, I am stuck now waiting for the V2 to be released as I intend to put one in the 3WA, hope its before christmas.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Folks

Have only just read this topic did have a look at a 3wa  that I have and my title pages are numbered as A1 B1   C1 D1  E1 F1 etc through to U1 & V1

I would suggest that if when A1 is selected that B2 is played that it’s actually 21 selections out of sync! Do you have an selections on  A to V   Zero  ? because the first 21 selections have been skipped you would assume there would be no selections left for the last 20 ?

Cheers Scudie

thatsmesd
      Participant

My pages are same A1,B1,C1 etc, it was playing 11 ahead because my box had a fault, when the fault was cleared it then played 10 ahead which is when I discovered the file names should be sel011 to sel210

The first 10 selections have been skipped and sel201 to sel210 added

A1 = sel011, B1 = sel021, C1 = sel031 through to V1 = sel201
      A0 = sel020, Bo = selo30, C0 = sel040 though to V0 = sel210

Regards

Thatsmesd

Scudie
      Participant

I can’t remember if I have ever had my 3wa connected to a emulator, I am sure it worked ok when connected to an iPod .

I did have similar problems with a Wurlitzer 5250 where that played selection 30 when A1 was pressed, I was sure that the 5250 was good as it had been connected to an iPod with no issues, I configured a card for a Rockola 1555? And then altered the page numbering order to suit.

As you said I hope they manage to iron out these glitches on the new card before releasing it.

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.