Free Play Seeburg SC1 & Rock Ola 507 Consolette

Home Forums Tutorials Free Play Seeburg SC1 & Rock Ola 507 Consolette

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      irus18352
      Participant

Hi,
      I have two Seeburg SC1s and I’d like to convert them. I’ve applied 24v ac to them and they both have the same problem. Although the revolving selector works it has to be pushed to the contact point and likewise helped to its rest point. The coin mechs have been removed, is there something I need to do?

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Hello Irus18352,

Did you clean all contacts on the wheels and latches everywhere in the consolette ?

Did you put it in Free play ?

Have you check distance on  APU10 : see page 9 of manual http://jukeboxwiz.com/uploads/Seeburg_SC1.pdf

irus18352
      Participant

Hi, how do I put it into ‘freeplay’?

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Scudie
      Participant

If you have not sorted the problem yet it may be worth checking the gaps of the contacts  on the latch bar setting switch,  its below the contact disc, it  should have a protective plate covering it, the plate is sometimes missing so the contacts get damaged/ bent.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

For free play : you need to locate the Grey (SC) or White/Black (SCH) wire on top of the APU,
      and short it to Ground.

irus18352
      Participant

Thanks everyone,  that solved it Klaatu.

Do you know how to put a Rockola 507 into freeplay too?🙂

Klaatu
        Keymaster

I don’t own a 506 or 507.

Maybe you can disconnect the “Credit Subtract Coil” K5.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi

I have not had any experience with Rockola 507 or 506 , but I am guessing that free play could be achieved in one of two ways  firstly  you could fit a momentary switch that replicates a coin being inserted this would register a credit so would put the wiper arm of the contact disc into a credit position, this button would have to be pressed before each selection, or  secondly if credit is registered on the credit unit  & if the credit unit was then doctored so that it could not remove the credit as the selection is made,   it would stay in credit giving free plays.

Not sure how much help it would be but there is a wiring diagram for the 507 in the Support section  at the top of the page.

Cheers

irus18352
      Participant

Thanks Klaatu and Scudie, 🙂

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Hi irus18352,

Show us your wallbox 😉

Did you manage to put in free play the Rockola 507 ?

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Hello irus18352, maybe best to continue on a dedicated facebook group, too much spam here…  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jukebox.Wallbox.Consolette.Convert.2mp3/

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.