Wurlitzer 5220 : comment passer en free-play ?

Welcome Forums General discussions Wurlitzer 5220 : comment passer en free-play ?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scudie 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

mic
    Participant

Bonjour,

Je suis en possession d’une Wallbox Wurlitzer 5220A . J’ai installé ma carte wallbox2mp3, mais malheureusement malgré mes très nombreuses recherches je n’arrive pas à trouver comment passer en crédit gratuit sur cette machine pour pouvoir profiter de ma musique.

Pourriez vous m’indiquer la marche à suivre ?

Merci d’avance

Mic.

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by  Klaatu.

scudie
    Participant

Bonjour Mic

Unfortunately my French is very poor, so you will have to translate this.

I have had no experience with the 5220 wallbox, & this is purely a guess.

On the 5210 &5250 the credit units are situated in the lower right corner and are predominantly a mechanical system that operates a small electrical switch.

The credit unit either opens or closes the contacts of the switch when there are credits available. To give free plays the switch could be bypassed so the action of the credit unit has no affect on the switch. As I said this is purely based on my guess that Wurliter carried on using a similar credit system on the 5220.

Do you have a Manual for the 5220?

Unfortunately there isn’t one on the Support section of this site.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu

Manuel en ligne dans SUPPORT.

Thanks to Paul North.

scudie
    Participant

Hi MIC

Since posting my first reply to your question I have been able to source a manual for the 5220, which has now been added to the support section here on this site.

After looking at the manual it is obvious to me that I had assumed incorrectly & that the credit unit is not the same as a 5250, however it would appear that if you were to to fit a simple switch across the Key switch that is shown in the manual, & is  labelled on the photos of the play rack. Wurlitzer call the credit unit a play rack.

Cheers Scudie

mic
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help. The documents will be of great help.

Mic

Klaatu

Il faudrait faire une photo du “playrak”, mais visiblement, il y a une roue crantée qui sert à décrémenter les crédits.

Il doit donc y avoir un “doigt” qui pousse la roue pour enlever le crédit. C’est ce mécanisme qu’il faut bloquer, démonter, couper… suivant comment c’est fait.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  Klaatu.

scudie
    Participant

Hope the Manual helps. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu

If you succeed to convert it to free-play take some photos and let us know.

Could be useful to others.

Thanks

Guillaume
    Participant

Hello to all,

i have the same problem with my own Wurlitzer 5220, did you fix the problem (free play configuration)? If yes could you send me some pictures and information to explain how to do it ?

many thanks !

Guillaume

scudie
    Participant

Hi Guillaume

Welcome to the forum,

what is the problem that you have?

what exactly are you trying to achieve ?

have you looked at the manual for the 5220?

Cheers Scudie

Guillaume
    Participant

Dear Scudie,

many thanks for your message, in fact the situation is the following : I have installed a wallbox2mp3 into my Wurlitzer 5220 , the cabling seems ok , and there is no error message (no flash red LED) everything seems ok also with the SDCard.

I have removed the cash system and put a bridge on the J101 as indicated in some forum , but I am not really sure that my bridge is fine ( 2nd row and between 2&3)..

when I make a selection, the wheel turn (only 1 full turn)) and stop exactly at the same place , and no music run ( no signal on the wallbox2mp3)

So my concern is about the wallbox and not necessary the wallbox2mp3 (for the moment..) and I would like know if my free play bridge is fine, and if there is other thing to check on the wallbox ( wheel system, cabling ,….)

many thanks for your help !

kind regards
    Guillaume

scudie
    Participant

Hello Guillaum

As I mentioned in a previous post I do not own a 5220 or 5225 so I have no experience with them, but I will try my best to help you as much as I can.

This bridge you have installed on J101, what is J101? Is there any pictures of this in the manual.

You say 2nd row between 2& 3  please explain 2nd row of what ?

Cheers Scudie

Guillaume
    Participant

Herewith a picture  of the bridge :

As you can see there are 4 rows on the j101 the bridge is between the 2 nd and 3rd position on the 2nd row.

i have seen in some forum that bridge position would permit to by pass the credit system.

Klaatu

No photo 🙁

Guillaume
    Participant

Guillaume
    Participant

Guillaume
    Participant

Sorry some issue to attached the pictures… 😕

Klaatu

Don’t have a 5220, but your bridge is done the way it is pointed in a french forum.
    Did you clean all contacts in the wallbox ?
    You get the right voltage out of the transformer ?

Guillaume
    Participant

thanks for your message,

regarding the voltage I checked and I have a little bit more than 24vAC out of the transformer.

the contacts have been cleaned but maybe there are some contacts that I have forgotten. I will check again.

that is strange is about the selection  wheel which turn And stop systematically  at the same place . I thought that the wheel should stop according the selection…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Klaatu.

Klaatu

Have you adjusted “Selector Switch Latch” as per instructions manual on page 6 ?

http://www.wallbox2mp3.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/W-5220-Service-Manual.pdf

Latch will make a full turn for each selection.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Klaatu.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.