Wurlitzer 5220 : comment passer en free-play ?

Welcome Forums General discussions Wurlitzer 5220 : comment passer en free-play ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scudie 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mic
    Participant

Bonjour,

Je suis en possession d’une Wallbox Wurlitzer 5220A . J’ai installé ma carte wallbox2mp3, mais malheureusement malgré mes très nombreuses recherches je n’arrive pas à trouver comment passer en crédit gratuit sur cette machine pour pouvoir profiter de ma musique.

Pourriez vous m’indiquer la marche à suivre ?

Merci d’avance

Mic.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Klaatu.

scudie
    Participant

Bonjour Mic

Unfortunately my French is very poor, so you will have to translate this.

I have had no experience with the 5220 wallbox, & this is purely a guess.

On the 5210 &5250 the credit units are situated in the lower right corner and are predominantly a mechanical system that operates a small electrical switch.

The credit unit either opens or closes the contacts of the switch when there are credits available. To give free plays the switch could be bypassed so the action of the credit unit has no affect on the switch. As I said this is purely based on my guess that Wurliter carried on using a similar credit system on the 5220.

Do you have a Manual for the 5220?

Unfortunately there isn’t one on the Support section of this site.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu

Manuel en ligne dans SUPPORT.

Thanks to Paul North.

scudie
    Participant

Hi MIC

Since posting my first reply to your question I have been able to source a manual for the 5220, which has now been added to the support section here on this site.

After looking at the manual it is obvious to me that I had assumed incorrectly & that the credit unit is not the same as a 5250, however it would appear that if you were to to fit a simple switch across the Key switch that is shown in the manual, & is  labelled on the photos of the play rack. Wurlitzer call the credit unit a play rack.

Cheers Scudie

mic
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help. The documents will be of great help.

Mic

Klaatu

Il faudrait faire une photo du “playrak”, mais visiblement, il y a une roue crantée qui sert à décrémenter les crédits.

Il doit donc y avoir un “doigt” qui pousse la roue pour enlever le crédit. C’est ce mécanisme qu’il faut bloquer, démonter, couper… suivant comment c’est fait.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Klaatu.

scudie
    Participant

Hope the Manual helps. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.