Wurlitzer 5220 : comment passer en free-play ?

Welcome Forums General discussions Wurlitzer 5220 : comment passer en free-play ?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scudie 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Guillaume
    Participant

I have done the test and both buttons are release as indicated in the adjustment section page 5

After that when I turn on the wallbox the wheel turn automatically to the initial position

but It still doesn’t work..

scudie
    Participant

Hi

So J101 is the connection socket for the credit unit plug, what I understand to be called the playrack in the manual.

The selector wheel on all the makes & models I have worked on so far have made one complete revolution once the selection button/ buttons are pressed.

So if you were to manually advance your selector wheel to its no credit position with the power off, then turn the power on nothing should happen to the selector wheel untill you put the bridge in to J101 at this point the selector wheel should advance a little to the credit position at which point the selection button can be pressed and they should latch after the second button is pressed the selector wheel should make one complete revolution returning to the same position as it started from before the selection was made, ie the credit position.

If you were to remove the bridge at this point then make a selection the wheel would advance but stop short of its starting point, it would now be in its home position ie no credits.

Cheers Scudie

scudie
    Participant

Do you have 24volt bulb?

You can check the signal pulses with a 24v bulb and some wire, connect one side of the bulb to the 25vac terminal and the other side of the bulb to the signal connection.

Make a selection as the wheel revolves the bulb should flash as it passes over the contacts. Or if you have a test meter with an audible continuity option you could connect one probe to chassis / ground and the other to signal.

with the power off & the selection buttons pressed, if you advance the selector wheel manually you should get a audible signal as it travels over contacts.

Cheers Scudie

Guillaume
    Participant

Hello Scudie,

i have tested the signal with a test meter, something happens !
    When I put the probes as indicated on the below picture , after the wheel revolution the music run!

Due to this fact I don’t if my cabling is correct…

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Klaatu.

Klaatu

According to manual
    24v is terminal 3
    Ground / COMMON is terminal G
    Pulse/SIGNAL is terminal 1

ok ?

Guillaume
    Participant

Yes that is correct from my side, same cabling.

Klaatu

Probes are on 1 and G ?

Guillaume
    Participant

Yes that is correct

Klaatu

En suivant le signal, j’arrive a des switches.
    Peut-être regarder ça, nettoyage des contacts…

Je peux aussi me tromper.

Guillaume
    Participant

Hello to all!

great news I fix my problem it was a contact which was not good.
    My wallbox is now working well !
    many thanks to all of you for your help and support !

have a nice evening

guillaume

Guillaume
    Participant

C’était en effet un mauvais contact sur le signal. Le circuit imprimé est fatigué et la piste était HS.
    j’ai pour l’instant fait une réparation de fortune , et le signal est désormais envoyé à la carte wallbox2mp3. Et la wallbox fonctionne !

Klaatu

Si ça fonctionne, c’est le principal, mais niveau soudure, si ce sont les tiennes…

Je te conseille amicalement de t’entraîner en suivant un tuto sur youtube si besoin.

Car comme tu l’as compris, mauvaise soudure = problème.

Et ça ressemble a des soudures sèches, qui dans le temps créeront des problèmes.

Klaatu

C’est la carte de quoi en cause ?

Which card was faulty ?

Guillaume
    Participant

Il s’agit bien d’une réparation de fortune , pas de quoi en effet à être très  fier , je vais reprendre tout cela.
    Il s’agit d’une carte qui fait le lien entre le bornier de connexion et la roue de sélection elle se situe sur le système de sélection. J’ai simplement suivi le fil du signal en partant du bornier.

après avoir réalisé plusieurs essais, j’ai en effet solutionné une partie du pb , la sélection permet de lancer un morceau mais pas le bon si je me rapporte aux étiquettes issues du logiciel wallbox2mp3…

une idée ?

merci et bonne soirée

guillaume

scudie
    Participant

Hi  Guillaum

i don’t speak French so had to translate, would help me if you posted in English.

If I understand correctly your wallbox had a fault on the signal circuit that you have now fixed and it now plays a selection when selection buttons are pressed?

But it is not playing the correct music ?

when you select A1 is it correct?

if not does it always play the same song if A1 is selected several times?

Does it play any music if any of the V selections are made ie V1 or V2 or V3?

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.