Buzzing Noise?

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Buzzing Noise?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Sooner
      Participant

I get a low level buzzing noise that seems to corresponds with the small red LED that flickers when a song is playing. It’s noticeable up to about 1/2 volume until the music covers it up. It doesn’t occur in auxiliary output. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem?

It kind of sucks. 🙁

Scudie
      Participant

Yes if you look elsewhere on the forum there a posts concerning this noise which seems to affect the left speaker predominately. Fabien is currently looking into this problem.

Sooner
      Participant

I saw that thread after posting this. Mine makes the noise in both channels. I’ve sent an email to Retrolelectronik. Hopefully they can help.

Did you se my post about the volume control buttons on my Seeburg SC. My fix didn’t work so well for me. Had some questions for you.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Steve

Yes finger crossed that they come up with a cure for the humming noise.

A good friend of mine has had a wb2mp3 card of mine on his scope and can see that there is interference on the left audio Chanel,  but without details of the circuit he has struggled to get any further, I have forwarded Andrews findings to  Fabian at Retroelectronik and notified Fabien that Andrew is willing to help& should he wish to either speek to Andrew or contact hi m by email to let me know.

I have posted a reply concerning your volume switch question. I am not 100% sure if it will help any.

Cheers Scudie

Sooner
      Participant

I think my buzzing noise is different than the one you mention because mine occurs on both channels.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Does your wallbox2mp3 has a wire welded above the board ? Like a newly added wire ?

Sooner
      Participant

No. The only wires near the board are the ones that connect to it and they are directed away from it.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

So you don’t have this mod ?

Because with this one, I got a buzz on both speakers now.

Sooner
      Participant

No mine doesn’t have that. Yours came that way? 

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Yes, but it’s an experimentation to solve a trouble with hum on LEFT channel, now it’s on both but at lowest volume.

Sooner
      Participant

Here’s what mine sounds like with the volume on the emulator at zero.

It coincides with the red LED that comes on when something is played.  It’s not really noticeable when the volume is turned up about halfway or more so not a big problem really. Just seems strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elwDCJXj4dA

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.