Considerations when making a Play List

Home Forums Wallbox2mp3 installation Considerations when making a Play List

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Sooner
      Participant

Another thought that may help. Do any of you edit the volume level of your MP3 files?  I adjust all mine to the maximum gain without the signal being “clipped”.  That way the volume level is fairly consistent for all of them. It also probably helps increase the signal to noise ratio so the buzz is less noticeable.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Yes, all edited in Audacity, like you do !

Scudie
      Participant

Is that some sort of MP3 editing software?  Is it easy to use?

All I do is tick best quality under preferences  when ripping the cd on my computer. Which I assume is part of the Windows O S

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

It’s a free software. Easy and many tutorials available.

You can edit any audio files.

In the EFFECTS, you NORMALIZE at -1.0 dB

No peak, all files will have same range.

Sooner
      Participant

I use a program called AVS4U that I purchased years ago. It gives a visual display of the volume level for the entire song. What I notice a when using the normalizing function is that a single or a few instantaneous loud spots will limit the normalized volume at a fairly low level for 99.9% of the song. When that happens I manually increase the volume to match the level of other songs.

I notice CDs volume level tends to vary from one to another and I also download a lot of songs from YouTube and those volume levels are all over the place.

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Folks

Thanks for the info on the editing, next time I am building a play list of tracks to put on an SD card I will give it a try, as I said previously I have just ripped the Cd’s to windows media player then created a folder with the required tracks in it. It’s only recently after Sooner had explained it that I have built the playlist with the tracks organised to pair them up to create A & B sides.

Cheers Scudie

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Yes, if there is a peak, normalize won’t be accurate.

You can remove these loud pop in Audacity.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.