Improved Memory

Home Forums Tutorials Improved Memory

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Scudie
      Participant

Hi all

If any one is using a V1.3 or V1.4 emulator with a Seeburg SC wall box and experiencing problems with the units ability to reliably play the your desired selections I may have an answer to your problems.

The problems that I have experienced include things such as unselected tracks being played, or some selections not being played or occasionally the music stopping part way through a selection when a further selection is being made.
      The SC Seeburg’s  that I have are fitted with the emulator inside in the area previously occupied by the slug rejector/ coin mechanism.

I have recently modified two of my own SC’s & one belonging to a friend of mine and after quite a bit of testing I am confident to say that in all three case’s it has made dramatic improvement.

First of all I can’t claim credit for this idea & secondly it won’t fix any problems that the random selection function seems cause, so if you have your SD configured for random reconfigure the Sd for no random selections.

So the modification to the SC is remove the cover and from the underside looking up from the bottom behind the number buttons you should be able to see the two motor terminals  I fitted a capacitor across the two motor terminals and a second capacitor from the right hand motor terminal and to a 100 ohm  .25watt resistor that is connected to the frame.
      The capacitors are rated as 400v 100nf which is apparently  .1 uf ( .1 microfarad)

This modification apparently cleans up or stops electrical noise (interference) that can upset the electronics of the wb2mp3 emulator.

I have tried to add photos but so I am struggling but as and when I figure it out I will add some.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Scudie
      Participant

Photo above shows the two capacitors (dark red in colour) the 100 ohm resistor is inside the yellow and green sleeve.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

Good information, hopefully I’ll find time to work my SC soon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.