My Seeburg SC1

Home Forums Your work My Seeburg SC1

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sooner
      Participant

I guess I should post some pics of my Seeburg SC1 too. I had case re-chromed because it wasn’t in very good condition. Except for Bluetooth, It’s completely self-contained now and only has the main power cord coming out of the wallbox. I set the coin reject lever up as the on/off power switch and put a switch in the coin slot that connects to the 10 cent relay. It’s set up so that a single selection “costs” one dime, and for 2 dimes you get 3 singles or one LP side. The lights at the top work as they’re supposed to. The first is always on when powered up. With one dime and the 2nd light comes on and with to dimes the 3rd light comes on. If you put in two dimes and select a single the 3rd light goes off after the first single is selected but the 2nd light stays on until the third selection is made.  The reject switch and aux output are on the right side. A note on the external aux jack… it needs to be an isolated from the chassis. Doesn’t work well with normal jacks where the common conductor is grounded.

My friend liked it so well he wants me to do one for him too. Everything is already purchased and should be here in a week or two.

Sooner
      Participant

Here’a a demo video too: https://youtu.be/4qfEFd48tkc

Scudie
      Participant

Nice chrome,  only had one box rechromed and it didn’t come out well, very disappointing and costly! The same company did one of the same make and model for a guy I know and his came out spot on .

Cheers Scudie

Sooner
      Participant

Yes, it seems it’s difficult to do a good chrome job if there’s a lot of pitting in the aluminum. Mine came out okay and looks much better than before, but if you look closely you can see flaws.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.