Project WQ200

Welcome Forums Your work Project WQ200

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scudie 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #46519

    scudie
    Participant

    Acquired a WQ200 a while back so thought I should take a look at it, things don’t look particularly good. So far I have found broken coin switch, broken / disconnected wires, the Credit cam badly worn, it has a groove worn into it where the lever contacts it, so it does not achieve full movement necessary to lift the latch bars.

    The Main credit  & the motor control switch’s  have been replaced with a micro switch’s, various wires have been cut and joined with crimp connectors for some reason. I believe that the outer wiper arm blade is incomplete.

    The one positive so far is after a strip and lube the motor does spin.

    Cheers Scudie

    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  scudie.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  scudie.
    #46534

    scudie
    Participant

    Has been a rainy day here so have had time to work on the AMI, I have solved some of the faults / problems.

    Was wondering if any one could throw any light on what lamps should be fitted  & in which positions ? Most of the lamps that were fitted were blown, having looked at them there is a mix of specs, the AMI manual does not stipulate what the specs for the lamps should be.

     

     

    #46535

    Michiel
    Participant

    Morning  Scudie,

    I found this information about the lamps in the WQ 200:

    http://www.jukebox-world.de/Forum/Archiv/AMI/AMI_WQ.htm

    It needs lamps equivalent of General Electric #47.  The specs: GE47 6,3V 0,15A (1W)

    Hope this is useful.

    Groet, Michiel

     

     

    #46536

    scudie
    Participant

    Good Morning Michiel

    Thanks for the information regarding the lamps, I guess I could have googled it myself.

    Cheers Scudie

    #46542

    scudie
    Participant

    Well after the weekend I have got the WQ200 hooked up to my test rig, selections 1 through to 30 play correctly 31 to 40 all same track after that it responds the left had selection buttons correctly but not the right hand buttons.  I guess it will be something simple! At least it has life. More head scratching required👍

    Cheers Scudie

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  scudie.
    #46544

    scudie
    Participant

    Ok so after thinking about it I realised that I had tested selections 1 -20 with the mech sat on the bench,  then had fitted the mech inside the front half of the cover, as selections 21-30 are on the left set of push buttons & that I didn’t encounter any problems until selections  31 -40 ( right hand buttons)  so I went back to selection 11- 20 which had previously selected & played correctly however now fitted in the cover these also  failed to play correctly. So removed the mech from the cover hey presto everything works as it should, the only thing that I found was that the banks of buttons are adjustable so that they can be centralised through the aperture in the cover having adjusted this and refitted the cover it now appears to behave itself😎

    I am am now into the sixties selections & still playing well.

    Cheers Scudie

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  scudie.
    #46592

    scudie
    Participant

    A  quick update on the WQ200, selection numbers 1- 150 play correctly after this things go a bit a stray! I had been testing it while I was making a start on another SC1 & after sorting the initial problem things were looking good, but north of 150 things are not correct. If the weather stops play outside at the weekend I will  take a look at it.

    Cheers Scudie

     

    #46729

    scudie
    Participant

    Ok so it’s now November  & being in the north of England it’s fairly cold and wet most of the time, so getting the chance to get anything done outside is very slim.

    So I have had a couple of evenings this week when I have had chance to take a look at  the WQ200, logics seamed to suggest as the selections had been OK up to 160  & because the unit  selection buttons had functioned  correctly up to that point, it occurred to me that the fault probably lay with the switches that are triggered by the movement of the pages. Once these had been removed cleaned refitted and adjusted the unit should have and would have played correctly, unfortunately I hadn’t noticed tha two of the wires from the page switches had not returned to there correct position & when a selection was made part of the credit unit caught onto the wires so as the credit unit spun the wires were pulled off the switch. Once the wires had been untangled from the credit unit and soldered back onto the switch, making sure they were now tucked away from the credit unit, I tested it & all is selecting as it should.

    Just got to refit the mech back into the case now & test again.

    Cheers Scudie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.