Project WQ200

Home Forums Your work Project WQ200

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Scudie
      Participant

Acquired a WQ200 a while back so thought I should take a look at it, things don’t look particularly good. So far I have found broken coin switch, broken / disconnected wires, the Credit cam badly worn, it has a groove worn into it where the lever contacts it, so it does not achieve full movement necessary to lift the latch bars.

The Main credit  & the motor control switch’s  have been replaced with a micro switch’s, various wires have been cut and joined with crimp connectors for some reason. I believe that the outer wiper arm blade is incomplete.

The one positive so far is after a strip and lube the motor does spin.

Cheers Scudie

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Scudie.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Scudie.
      Scudie
      Participant

Has been a rainy day here so have had time to work on the AMI, I have solved some of the faults / problems.

Was wondering if any one could throw any light on what lamps should be fitted  & in which positions ? Most of the lamps that were fitted were blown, having looked at them there is a mix of specs, the AMI manual does not stipulate what the specs for the lamps should be.

Michiel
      Participant

Morning  Scudie,

I found this information about the lamps in the WQ 200:

http://www.jukebox-world.de/Forum/Archiv/AMI/AMI_WQ.htm

It needs lamps equivalent of General Electric #47.  The specs: GE47 6,3V 0,15A (1W)

Hope this is useful.

Groet, Michiel

Scudie
      Participant

Good Morning Michiel

Thanks for the information regarding the lamps, I guess I could have googled it myself.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Well after the weekend I have got the WQ200 hooked up to my test rig, selections 1 through to 30 play correctly 31 to 40 all same track after that it responds the left had selection buttons correctly but not the right hand buttons.  I guess it will be something simple! At least it has life. More head scratching required👍

Cheers Scudie

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Scudie.
      Scudie
      Participant

Ok so after thinking about it I realised that I had tested selections 1 -20 with the mech sat on the bench,  then had fitted the mech inside the front half of the cover, as selections 21-30 are on the left set of push buttons & that I didn’t encounter any problems until selections  31 -40 ( right hand buttons)  so I went back to selection 11- 20 which had previously selected & played correctly however now fitted in the cover these also  failed to play correctly. So removed the mech from the cover hey presto everything works as it should, the only thing that I found was that the banks of buttons are adjustable so that they can be centralised through the aperture in the cover having adjusted this and refitted the cover it now appears to behave itself😎

I am am now into the sixties selections & still playing well.

Cheers Scudie

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Scudie.
      Scudie
      Participant

A  quick update on the WQ200, selection numbers 1- 150 play correctly after this things go a bit a stray! I had been testing it while I was making a start on another SC1 & after sorting the initial problem things were looking good, but north of 150 things are not correct. If the weather stops play outside at the weekend I will  take a look at it.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Ok so it’s now November  & being in the north of England it’s fairly cold and wet most of the time, so getting the chance to get anything done outside is very slim.

So I have had a couple of evenings this week when I have had chance to take a look at  the WQ200, logics seamed to suggest as the selections had been OK up to 160  & because the unit  selection buttons had functioned  correctly up to that point, it occurred to me that the fault probably lay with the switches that are triggered by the movement of the pages. Once these had been removed cleaned refitted and adjusted the unit should have and would have played correctly, unfortunately I hadn’t noticed tha two of the wires from the page switches had not returned to there correct position & when a selection was made part of the credit unit caught onto the wires so as the credit unit spun the wires were pulled off the switch. Once the wires had been untangled from the credit unit and soldered back onto the switch, making sure they were now tucked away from the credit unit, I tested it & all is selecting as it should.

Just got to refit the mech back into the case now & test again.

Cheers Scudie

Scudie
      Participant

Ok so a bit of an update on the WQ, after the previous post all the mech was refitted into the front cover & for a change everything still appeared to function correctly, so configured an sd specific for the WQ  with selections paired as they would be when connected to a jukebox full of 45s.

Then set about getting the slug rejecter / coin accepter to work correctly with the pre decimal English coins,  after a little bit of fiddling it started to accept shillings but not the  sixpence’s which just ejected to the coin chute, the two shilling pieces did not eject at the coin chute but got wedged just before making contact with the coin switch’s. After more cleaning & a little adjustment the two shillings were working well, but still the sixpence’s would not work, I eventually bit the bullet and stripped the slug rejector to find a piece of newspaper that had been very carefully folded up, & that had been inserted to block the path of the coins, with this removed the unit now accepts sixpence’s 1 play,  shillings 2plays and two shillings 5plays.

Idealy I would have preferred 1 , 3 , 7 for the corresponding coins but the max I can get is 5, any one have any sugestions?

So now with the title cards printed to match the newly configured Sd card & a bag of coins I set about making selections to see if it played correctly, at this point I realised that it did not always play the desired selection, on inspection of the wiper arm it was apparent the part of wiper arm contact had broken off ! with this repaired selections seem to be  99% correct. 

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.