SD cards

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bobwiley 5 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

gaelle
    Keymaster

hello,

I have a question for all of you. What kind of SD cards do you use ?

we have trouble with a customer who can not use SD card compatible with the wallbox2mp3.

he purchased ten 8GB Sandisk, two 4GB Kingston and one Dane-Elec 4GB cards.

All cards configure successfully through the software process but result in the two flashing red light code when placed in the emulator.

just one 10 year old Ultra 1GB card is compatible.

do you have problems with some SD cards?

thank you for your help !

Klaatu

Carte formaté en FAT32 ou NTFS ?

scudie
    Participant

Hi Gaëlle

Personally I have had no problems with SD cards, however I remember some one saying that the micro sd cards for phones when used with an adapter were not reliable.

Cheers Scudie

gaelle
    Keymaster

he re-formatted cards in FAT 32

we know that the micro sd cards with an adapter don’t work but we don’t identify troubles with other SD cards.

Sooner
    Participant

I’ve used ScanDisk 2,4, & 8 GB cards and some other off brand from Wal-Mart with no problem. I let the Java software program you provide do the formatting.  I think I remember someone else having a problem when they formatted themselves in FAT 32.

Klaatu

I never had a problem with SD card, old or new, branded or unbranded.
    Only one but formatting was incorrect, don’t remember if it was FAT32 or NTFS and needed the other.

gaelle
    Keymaster

thank you for your answers !!

bobwiley
    Participant

Fyi, I had a 64gb card and it didn’t work until I downloaded a windows program to format it to FAT32. The windows 7 computer only allowed me to do exFAT which isn’t compatible with wallbox2mp3. So make sure you are formatting the card properly as the wallbox2mp3 to software will read and write on the card and say it’s good to go when you have it in exFAT even though the unit itself can’t read the card.

scudie
    Participant

Hi Bobwiley

Just have to ask why a 64gb card? I have never used anything bigger than a 8gb & only then because it was free. For most installations I have used 4gb and occasionally 2.

I have Windows 10 on my PC and when I configure a card  I click on the box in the wb2mp3 software that says format and build sd card and have not had any issues with the unit not being able to read the card.

Cheers Scudie

bobwiley
    Participant

Hi scudie,

Same deal, had a free 64gb card. I figured there might be an issue with it being incompatible, but I thought it might be helpful for future users as the smaller cards aren’t as common anymore. I’m going to use a 4 or 8 GB card once I get to the store.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.