Wurlitzer 5220 build

Home Forums Your work Wurlitzer 5220 build

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy
      Participant

I finished up the 5220 this weekend.  I wanted it to be mobile so I mounted it on a cheap stand and put the hardware in the drawer.

This is a V1.5 adapter and I have it connected to the onboard speakers (I did replace them with new ones).  So far it is working through the onboard volume control buttons with no modifications.

A nice thing about the 5220s is a built in service switch you can throw to provide freeplay.

I have programmed my favorite music on the SD card and set it for continuous play.

Randy
      Participant

I finished up the 5220 this weekend.  I wanted this one to be mobile so I mounted it on a cheap stand and put the hardware in the drawer.

This is the V1.5 and I have it wired to the on board speakers (I did replace the original ones with new speakers). The original sound control buttons seem to be working fine with the V1.5 card, at least so far.

A nice thing about the 5220 is that it has a service switch inside to provide free play. I have the SD card programmed for continuous play with my favorite songs from the 70 to current music.5220-2

5220-2

pwb100
      Participant

Where is this built in service switch to select free play?

Scudie
      Participant

Hi pwb100

I do not own a 5220 my self , I do have a 5210 and a 5250, both of which have a service switch which if I remember correctly is located on the right hand side of the mechanism.

If you remove the chrome cover, and look at the top of the selection button section on the right I think you will spot it.

As to whether this will give you free play I am not so sure, it certainly doesn’t on the 5210 or the 5250.

But it would appear to have worked for Randy’s 5220 so worth a try.

Cheers Scudie

pwb100
      Participant

Many thanks for your reply Scudie. I will open it up and take a look.

Your support is appreciated.

Scudie
      Participant

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Scudie

Randy
      Participant

I don’t get on here often enough since the fire tragedy but I finally saw this post.  I was wrong  – this was one of the first units I converted to WB2MP3, there was no factory free play switch.  The previous owner had wired the unit to free play, I thought the service switch was the mechanism that enabled it.

Randy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.