AMI Rowe WRC-200 Speaker connections

Home Forums General discussions AMI Rowe WRC-200 Speaker connections

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Roger
      Participant

I converted an AMI Rowe WRC-200 with wallbox2mp3 V1.5 software. The problem is the connection of the speakers. According to the manual, these belong to terminals 5 and 6, as well as 7 and 8?

If you connect them here, there is no sound. That’s why I connected the cables directly to the speakers. But I would like to control the volume with the LOW, MED, HIGH buttons also. Does anyone have a solution how to connect the speakers, or is that not possible?

Randy
      Participant

I’d be interested in this one as well.  I have a WRA with a V1.4 emulator so it was not really an option but if it can be done with a V1.5 I would swap over to the new emulator.  I was able to get  on board volume controls working with a V1.5 on a Wurlitzer 5220 but of course the wiring set up is different.  Hopefully it is not as difficult as the Seeburg  SC solution in the tutorials section:

Wiring "Volume Control" on Seeburg SC1-4

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Did you try :

BLU 5 = Left +
      RED 6 = Left –

BRN 7 = Right +
      O 8 = Right –

Roger
      Participant

Yes, as described but no sound will transmitted.

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Haven’t got a WRC, maybe a relay that act like a mute ?

Klaatu
      Keymaster

Have you checked Relay K3 for sound ?

page 5/58 & 19/58 (pdf manual)

Scudie
      Participant

Hi Roger

I converted a WRA 200 a couple of years ago, I can’t remember having any issues with the audio side of things.

I assume that you have fitted a wire from terminal #2 Vac to # 4 as shown in the manual, only other thing I can suggest is check that the contacts in the Audio control relay are clean,  making a good circuit &  closed when they should be.

On Seeburg SC’s I clean the contacts then close them manually and secure them with a small cable tie so the contacts remain closed, I also disconnect the trigger wire from the relay so that it doesn’t buz or get hot.

Cheers Scudie

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.